Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Torin
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:42 pm   

Triggers and Aliases just "stop working"

So I'll just be plugging along, nothing has changed in my settings for nearly a month. Then out of the blue, no specific event will cause it, but the grand majority of my triggers and aliases will just stop working. A few select triggers seem to continue functioning, and the parsing and trigger toggles in the lower right hand corner are still on, the parsing language hasn't changed, but all of a sudden, 99% of my settings just up and decide to stop functioning. Nothing is disabled in the package editor, everything looks as though it is normal, but aliases and triggers just cease to work. I can toggle parsing and triggers on and off, no change.

Edit: I've tried to export settings to XML and import them, it doesn't fix it. The only fix is to close the session and restart it, then everything returns to normal.
harley
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:46 am   

Make sure there is only 1 window..
If you use multiple be sure you turn off the network part of them.
Torin
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:41 pm   

only 1 window? Do you mean session?

And how do I turn off the "network part" of them?
bothkill
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:45 am   

I've had a somewhat similar problem, but in my case the whole package didn't work anymore.

I've found out the problem appears when having multiple sessions to the same MUD.
And yes, harley is right, you have to check in the Window menu and see if there are more than one window.
Sometimes those other windows cannot be visible.

Anyways, after much figthing with the issue, once you get it fixed (don't know exactly what your situation is), but hopefully you'll get it fixed (make a copy of your MUD folder before trying to get it fixed) the next time you use multiple sessions to your MUD, before closing the application (when logging out of MUD):

1. close all other secondary windows (make sure you leave the main window the last to be closed; the main window is the one for which the aliases and triggers work)
2. press 'Settings' and delete all package duplicates of your MUD. (the duplicates have the same name as your main package and are empty - i.e. no aliases, triggers etc.)

(You need to close secondary windows in order to be able to delete duplicate packages.)

This is a brutal solution, I think, but it works for me, without damaging packages, maps, whatever.

CMUD experts are welcomed to provide a more elegant solution Very Happy

My config:
Windows XP
CMUD 2.37
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: