Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Torin
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:41 am   

Status Bar Line Limit?

Does the Status bar have a line limit? It seems it would be 1, but I'm trying to expand it to 2 lines or greater. Forcing a carriage return on the status bar doesn't do anything, and I can't find any option to change the # of available lines. The bar itself cannot be clicked/dragged to make it larger as you could do to resize a window.

I basically have filled up the entire status bar on my 22" widescreen monitor, and I need more!

My only other thought was a large button that spanned the width of the screen, that I could just fill with whatever else I would want on a second or third line of the status bar.

Any ideas?
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:51 am   

You can make buttons that go to the bottom of the screen
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:02 am   

I think I once created a second status bar by having another window but turning everything off except for the status bar. I think I also took a picture of it. I'll have a look around and see what I can find.

EDIT: Wow, it turns out to be for zMUD but I'm sure it can be done in a similar way in CMUD.

EDIT2: I found the post that made me come up with that picture and the instructions for it are in there http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23283. The problem with this is having read the instructions makes me think it isn't possible to do in CMUD at least not looking quite as good as that.

EDIT3: I played about a bit and since you can't turn off the window title the nearest you can get is a layout with the two status bars with a window title in between them. Buttons has really got to be the way to go.
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:19 am   

Buttons are the way to go. The status bar is limited to a single line, sorry. For multi-line status, you can also use the status window and create #STW items and then dock the status window.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:19 am   

You can still do it. From the layout menu deselect Show Caption.
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:33 am   

So there you go you can do it and in my opinion it looks better than in zMUD. If that is the way you want to go and you can't figure out how to do it let us know and one of us will give steps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: