Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Torin
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:44 pm   

Speedwalk stopped working [solved]

In my seemingly never-ending battle to win the zMUD to cMUD conversion war, the speedwalk has ceased to function.

I reset all special characters to default, so it should be "." for movement.

Parsing is enabled.

I type a simple speedwalk as ".2w" and it doesn't go. The "English Directions" package appears to be installed and loaded (for all I can tell), and I haven't so much as touched the package screens before it stopped working.

Any ideas?

Edit: And for reference, everything else seems to be working. Variables with @, commands with #, separator with ;, quote with ~, parameter with %. Pretty much everything that I use still functions, except movement. Since it is the only thing tied to a package, I assumed that was the problem, but I can't see anything wrong.

Last edited by Torin on Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Torin
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:15 pm   

Paths are not working either. (not that I normally use them)

I also tried changing the movement key to a number of other characters, and speedwalking doesn't work on any of them.

Edit: After opening up English Directions.pkg in notepad, I see that somehow, a portion fo one of my triggers made it into the package file? That doesn't seem right. I assume it isnt working because my package file is corrupted. How can I get a new copy without reinstalling?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:41 pm   

Just delete your current English Directions package and then run the CMUD installer again. Running the installer again won't have any other bad effect and will let it restore the broken package.
Torin
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:49 pm   

Aye, just finished doing that and it did indeed fix the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: