Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
nikitis
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:16 am   

command lag

I guess the people I considering using a another client because cmud is killing me
after a session runs awhile key strokes start to lag and sending the commands

what to do?
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:38 am   Re: command lag

nikitis wrote:
I guess the people I considering using a another client because cmud is killing me
after a session runs awhile key strokes start to lag and sending the commands

what to do?

What MUD are you on when this happens? Do you know if it is MUD specific? How long does it take before it starts to slow down?

You could try take a backup of all your settings, and then try play from a clean installation so that you can make sure there is no script running that is slowing it down.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:19 pm   

Are you saying the keystrokes take a long time to show up in the command line, or a long time to reach the MUD when you hit enter. When this occurs in CMUD, does occur in any other applications as well? Do you notice any other lack of system responsiveness?

I can't recall hearing about any bug in CMUD regarding such a problem, so unless you're not using the latest version 2.37 this shouldn't be an issue. Before going to a clean installation another thing you can try to do is disable your triggers (by clicking on the gun icon at the right of the command line) when you notice the problem happening. My suspicion is, if the problem is specific to CMUD, that you have an errant trigger that is affecting your performance.

Hope that helps.
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:36 pm   

I've seen this happen too, I type something in the command line, and there is lag getting it to spell out. I reduced how many lines I can scroll back, and that seemed to help. It still comes back every once in a while. i reboot the computer and its fine again for a while
gamma_ray
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:27 pm   

How big is your scrollback? (For reference, I keep mine at 20,000 and don't seem to have problems.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: