Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
elektrisk
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:06 pm   

Could someone help with this trigger?

Ok, I have a trigger to "gsay" (grouptell/groupsay/tell my group) when a certain spell has been casted and who the target is.

The pattern is as follows:

%1 stares at %2 and utters the words, 'oculoihp haeqp'.

then the response is:

#IF (%2 != you) {#IF (%2 = you ) {gs %1 is DEATH TOUCHING ME!} {gs %1 is DEATH TOUCHING %2}}

Because my problem is, if I just leave it to "gs %1 is DEATH TOUCHING %2." then if I am the target, it'll groupsay "%1 is DEATH TOUCHING you." because the line would be:

%1 stares at you and utters the words, 'oculoihp haeqp'.

The problem with that is it makes my groupies think THEY are the target, so I tried making an #if statement to change it to "%1 is DEATH TOUCHING ME!!" if %2 = "you", but for some reason it isn't working. Does anyone have any idea why my statement isn't wokring?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:07 am   

Erm... I'm not at all sure how %2 can equal "you" after you already tested if it doesn't equal "you". The two tests are contradictory.

First, check to see what the value of %2 is. You should really be using proper wildcards rather than %1-%99 in the pattern to make sure your variables contain what you want them to. Make sure it doesn't have any extra spaces or anything like that. Once you're sure it's only got "you" or someone else's name in there, you can do:

#if (%2="you") {gs %1 is death touching me} {gs %1 is death touching %2}

You don't need to check it twice, because once you know that %2 isn't "you", there's no way it could be "you" after all.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: