Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
elektrisk
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:44 am   

Broken command bar..?

For some reason, there's an extra command bar now when I connect to the MUD I play. After a few seconds, cMUD stops responding and the bar keeps flashing as shown in the image below.
http://i34.tinypic.com/2uj16ar.jpg

I really have no idea why it suddenly started doing this. Does anyone know why this may have started?

Thanks.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:33 pm   

It's likely that you've enabled the command line for one or more of those other windows, and then undocked the command line of one of them. When you tried to redock it, instead of being docked to the bottom of the window object, it was docked to the bottom of the main CMUD window, and thus appears all the time. If you didn't mean for those windows to have command lines, go and find out which one has the "Command Line" box checked and uncheck it. If you do, you could see which one doesn't display two command lines and undock that window - the command line shouldn't come with it, and you can then dock the command line onto the bottom of the (now floating) window. When you redock that window, all should be well.

Alternatively you can just reset your layout by holding shift and choosing to open your session offline.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
elektrisk
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:56 am   

Fang Xianfu wrote:
It's likely that you've enabled the command line for one or more of those other windows, and then undocked the command line of one of them. When you tried to redock it, instead of being docked to the bottom of the window object, it was docked to the bottom of the main CMUD window, and thus appears all the time. If you didn't mean for those windows to have command lines, go and find out which one has the "Command Line" box checked and uncheck it. If you do, you could see which one doesn't display two command lines and undock that window - the command line shouldn't come with it, and you can then dock the command line onto the bottom of the (now floating) window. When you redock that window, all should be well.

Alternatively you can just reset your layout by holding shift and choosing to open your session offline.

How do I edit a window's command bar settings? As in, where would I go to disable its command bar.

Also, it appears if I connect to another MUD first, then connect to Necromium (the mud I play), it works just fine without the buggy command bar. Here's a more clear screenshot:
http://i33.tinypic.com/34qqqdw.jpg

I have gotten another problem, too. For some reason, sometimes when I connect, cMUD loses connection, automatically reconnects, shows a huge block of space, then reconnects, and after like 3 times, it'll stop malfunctioning. This is pretty bothersome when I switch characters. This is what happens:

Code:
By what name do you wish to be known on Necromium? Connected to host necromium.com

Do you wish to use ANSI colors? (Y/n):

Welcome to...
_  _ __________________________________________________________________________
_ _____   |:  ____|:  _   |:  _   |:  _   |:  _   _   |:  |:  |   |:  _   _   |
 /|   |   |.  |___|.  |___|.  |___|.  |   |.  |   |   |.  |.  |   |.  |   |   |
| |   |   |   ____|   |__/|   |__/|   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |
| |   |   |   |___|   |___|   | | |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |
| |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | | |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |
| |   |   |_______|_______|___| | |_______|___|___|___|___|_______|   |   |   |
| |___|___|______/_______/___/  |/_______/___________/___/_______/|___|___|___|
|/_______/  .:  N    E    C    R    O    M    I    U    M   :.  |/___________/
                                                                     -<kMidas>-

Special thanks to BoneZ, Demigo, and Treestump for their extra efforts!

By what name do you wish to be known on Necromium?

If you know what the problem could be, I'd love the help. I have no triggers or affects/actions to do anything when I log on (except logging), so I have no idea what could be causing this.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:25 pm   

It's in the package editor, each window has some options, one of which is the command line.

And I've honestly never heard anything like that connection problem.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:31 pm   

The extra blank lines are probably caused by the MUD sending a "clear screen" ANSI control code to CMUD. When CMUD gets a clear-screen command, it adds enough blank lines to clear the screen (but maintains the scrollback buffer). You can turn on the Raw Input message in the CMUD Script Debugger window to actually capture the raw control codes that the MUD is sending to cause this.

As Fang mentioned above, the best way to fix a problem with your command line is to hold down the SHIFT key and then click on the Open Offline action. This will reset your window layout files and restore the default command line settings. If your command line has gotten docked to the wrong window, then you might continue to have problems with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: