Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
malikai3k
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:33 am   

Database+Mapper?

Is this getting fixed anytime soon?

Or maybe it's just me I can't add mobs from a database to rooms, i mean they add. but then if you close properties of the room it errors out if you try to see the properties ever again of any room. Only way to fix is go into the db and delete the room and zone info.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:12 am   

Explain exactly what it is you're doing (code helps, or barring that a step-by-step guide to making your problem happen) and exactly what it is that's not working about it. It's tempting to give a summary answer - both the mapper and database module are being rewritten in the future (the mapper rewrite is underway right now) and it's likely that your problem will be fixed by one or the other change. Trouble is, since I actually have no clue what it is you've done that isn't working, I have no idea if it's something that's planned to be changed. So more information would help.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:43 pm   

Unfortunately this will only really get fixed after *both* the mapper and database modules are rewritten for CMUD. The mapper is being rewritten right now. But the connection between the old database module and the new mapper is not something that I'm spending much time on since the database module is going to get changed after the new mapper is done.

It's a problem because you are using an obscure feature that few people use that happens to depend upon two different modules (mapper/database) that were both just directly ported from zMUD rather than being rewritten.

But if you explain more about what you were trying to use the database/mapper for, I'm sure one of the programming Gurus here could help you find an alternate solution to the problem.
SRPrice
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:53 pm   

Was just reading through some of these posts and came across this one. I had a similar problem which is probably what the original poster was looking for also.

In zmud, I have a script that accesses a database, to query on either a mob name or room name. Query returns the vnum of the room(s), and uses MXP to provide a link. Click the link and it generates a speedwalk to that mob/room from wherever you are.

I've tried to get this work in CMud but have had no such luck. I didn't write the original script but I can read through it and understand the basics of what it is doing.

Unfortunately, in CMud, it acts as if the database doesn't exist.

SOLVED: fixed my problem--was syntax/formating differences between what worked in zmud and what is required in cmud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: