Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ethershade
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:04 pm   

Package editor wont show anything after some time?

Im using package editor, and all of a sudden the stuff on the left wont change, ill swap between packages and it wont change, any idea whats going on?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:55 pm   

What version of Windows? Does it start working again if you close the package editor and then re-open it?
Ethershade
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:01 am   

Im using windows XP home, Ill be doing something in the package editor, and when i try to make something new, it goes to the Module thing. Ill try to make something else and it does the same thing, also the navigation thing on the left stops functioning, when switching packages it will display the same thing, except with all classes collapsed. After some time it stops and starts working again, but there are nameless items you have to delete when you were trying to make items
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:40 am   

Are you doing this while your triggers are running live in the background on a running MUD? Also, as I asked above, does it work if you just close the package editor and then re-open it?

In general you should be doing a lot of editing while running live on your MUD. There is an AutoUpdate option in the Package Editor View menu that you can turn off to prevent updates while you are editing that might help. Then you can manually use the Refresh option to keep the editor updated when you want it synched with the live data.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:14 am   

Zugg wrote:
Are you doing this while your triggers are running live in the background on a running MUD? Also, as I asked above, does it work if you just close the package editor and then re-open it?

In general you should not be doing a lot of editing while running live on your MUD. There is an AutoUpdate option in the Package Editor View menu that you can turn off to prevent updates while you are editing that might help. Then you can manually use the Refresh option to keep the editor updated when you want it synched with the live data.

Fixed.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
gamesover
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:57 am   

I met the same question.

I cannot find any good solution except to close cmud and re-open again.

But after a while, it re-occoure again.

I have many setting here but show nothing

charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:13 am   

Not sure if this will solve the problem, but it seems like your package editor layout is getting corrupted. I recall this happening to me before, and I had to go to View -> [Some option here] to fix it. I can't seem to find it in the new Beta version of CMUD, but you might try looking for it in your version. Just tick things that you think might be related to it under View. (Or, if there's a 'Restore default layout' option under 'View', use that instead.)

Charneus
gamesover
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:34 am   

I believe you mean "restore default layout". No, it cannot work out the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: