Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jwolfenbarger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:29 pm   

How do I turn off #HIGHLIGHTed words

Ok, using highlight has messed up my ZMUD. I did #HI * and now everything is bold green. Also, somehow, the word You is always highlighted as black (the background color). How do I UN-HIGHLIGHT these things. I don't want to turn off syntax highlighting all together, just individual ones that I accidentally set up.
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:23 pm   

You have to open settings and delete the trigger, also you have a #cw to delete but you must be scripting that? There is a search box that could help too

The reason it is black could be a mis-spelt or absent color name, this would be a trigger though the statement that created it could have been longer and not treated as a sentence but as a word, or %1

As a novice programmer I have experiance with those
jwolfenbarger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:27 pm   

Actually, I got rid of the trigger a while ago, unfortunately, the highlighting is continuing anyhow. It appears that typing #HI * sets something somewhere that then needs to be changed or turned off but I can't figure out how to do it.
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:18 pm   

Did you make a * trigger the color of a lighter green? Or use color numbers?

Did you search for the *

You could try export settings as text from the main toolbar and check the inherited box there, I do that to export directions too.

Then you could search the text file for * or if you use regex, the regex wildcard, off hand I think it is .*

You could also search for #HI, obviously.

You could then import that file from the settings menu into a new character (from the mud listing part). and see if it is the text.

or
a. highlighting is broken
b. your text file is from mars.

If nothing comes up, I would try something desparate, #killall which wipes out all the codes. Then an import of the text file. But don't blame me if that actually does wipe the current codes Wink

good luck

Just thought, did you change the FG color in prefences by hand?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: