Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ZeroWeb
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:14 am   

Input Focus

Sorry to start a similar topic, but I am having an issue where the command line will just go out of focus. I will type a line in chat and then I will have to click on the command line before I can type anything else. This also occurs when switching between tabs. As a registered owner of CMUD, I would really like to get this resolved.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:46 am   

the command line should only be active on the main session window, if you give a child window focus instead (by whatever method), it will take it away from the command line
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:05 am   

Didn't you already post this to another topic already?

As I said in the other topic, if you are having problems with your command line losing focus, then it's likely a problem caused by a corrupted layout file. Hold down the SHIFT key and click the "Open Offline" action to open your character and allow CMUD to create a new layout file for it.

Unless you have some strange window setup, typing a line of chat and pressing Enter should not cause the focus to leave the command line.

The only bug in v2.18 that would cause this is if you have the "Show Column number" option turned on.
ZeroWeb
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:59 am   

Yes, I did post this in another topic already and you said that you are going to test if there was a problem with the shortcut and that was the last reply. The command line still does not give focus to the main session when you use a shortcut on the desktop.

After following your instructions on how to create a new layout file, the command line does not lose focus. The first time there was no error, but then I got an access violation error and I have sent you the report. When I exit CMUD and run the desktop shortcut, the layout file is corrupted again. If I run CMUD without a shortcut, there is no problem with the command line. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I don't want to have to create a new layout file every instance.

The "Hide" option is not doing anything when I try to hide a tab for one of my sessions.

Thanks guys.
ZeroWeb
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:38 am   

Bump. I still have a problem with the command line.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:42 pm   

Have you tried the 2.20 beta version to see if the problems till exists in that version?
ZeroWeb
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:32 am   

I tested the 2.20 version and the problem still exists. When you create a shortcut on the desktop to automatically connect to a session, the command line is losing focus. The shortcut I used was to Achaea and a temporary solution is to create a new layout file.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:33 pm   

I have added this to the bug list for a future version.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:34 pm   

Is this the last item in the version history or is it something different?
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:32 pm   

I need someone to test this to see if it's still a problem. There were several focus problems fixed in 2.26, but I forgot to test this case so I don't know if it is fixed or not.
SRPrice
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:54 pm   

I'm not 100% sure if this is the same thing, but appears to be pretty similar.

Just converted from 3.12 beta to 3.14a.

My layout consists of main window, 3 tiled capture windows, and 2 tabbed capture windows.
In 3.12 the 2 tabbed windows were set to "bring to the front with activity", which worked beautifully.

However, now in 3.14a, whenever data is captured to either of the tabbed windows, the data goes as expected, but it now removes focus from the main mud window and forces me to click on the main window to get my cursor back into the command line, which did not occur in 3.12.

I'm not sure which behavior is the expected, but from personal experience and preference, having to constantly click on the main window is quite annoying.

I'm not sure if others have seen this or if there is a workaround for it.
FYI...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:39 pm   

Please do NOT resurrect really old posts like this. Always create a new post for a new topic, especially when it's several years old.

Also, posts about the BETA versions need to be put into the "CMUD Beta Discussion" forum. So please repost your message in the beta forum and read the notes in the beta forum on how to properly post bug reports with the version in the subject line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: