Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Naviad
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:34 am   

Macros not working on END key

Hi all,

I created a macro using ctrl-k and hitting END, to capture the end key.. however it doesn't fire when I hit the end key. Am I doing something wrong?
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:18 am   

Would that be the END key on the numeric keypad? If so, it should work. Check to see that you have the keypad package enabled for your window. To verify this, open the Settings Editor and click on your package, which is at the top of the settings tree. On the upper right hand corner there is a list of packages that are enabled. If English Keypad is not checked, enable it and try again.
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:21 am   

Its the end key in the 6 key block of INSERT HOME PGUP, DELETE END PGDN on most 101 key keyboards.
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:29 am   

Yes, I know to which key you refer. I am not sure that that particular set of keys can be used as macros. I tried using the PGDN key once and it didn't work. I believe (and it is a good bet that I could be wrong) that Windows maintains control of that set of keys and therefore they are excluded from internal use by the client. I am hoping someone will post a note saying that I am wrong and that there is a way to use the keys. Note also that those keys do not belong to the keypad, and that fact might be significant.
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:33 am   

Anaristos wrote:
Yes, I know to which key you refer. I am not sure that that particular set of keys can be used as macros. I tried using the PGDN key once and it didn't work. I believe (and it is a good bet that I could be wrong) that Windows maintains control of that set of keys and therefore they are excluded from internal use by the client. I am hoping someone will post a note saying that I am wrong and that there is a way to use the keys. Note also that those keys do not belong to the keypad, and that fact might be significant.

Well, this wasn't the case for zMUD. If it can use it, surely CMUD should be able to.
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:48 am   

I never used those keys in zMUD but I just tried again with cMUD. The END key in that set does not work for me either.

NOTE: Before finishing this post, I loaded zMUD and tried adding the END from that set. It worked just fine. So either cMUD has a bug or the omission of that set of keys from the pool is part of a new design philosophy.

EDIT: ALT-END works. Perhaps you should report this as a bug.
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:39 am   

I wouldn't necessarily call it a bug because overriding a navigation key like END can have unforeseen negative consequences. I once made macros for Ctrl-LeftArrow and Ctrl-RightArrow, not thinking that I used them to jump from word to word on the command line when I wanted to make a quick edit. Be careful what you do with your macros...
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:03 pm   

Yeah, I wanted to make my arrow keys their respective directions but I use the up and down to go through my command history.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:12 am   

I'm having the same problem with that block of four keys: HOME, END, PGUP and PGDN. The insert and delete keys work fine. I've used those four keys as Cmud macros before with no problems, but after reinstalling Cmud they don't seem to work anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: