Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
depme

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:34 am   

Mapper issues with Discworld

I'm having problems getting my mapper setup correctly. Room info is sent in the following format:

[pantry]
This small, walk-in pantry is literally chock-full of cooking utensils and provisions, just as it should be. Open shelves, divided into compartments of differing heights ensure a place for everything and break up the symmetry to give a cheerfully random appearance.
There is one obvious exit: north.

The mapper seems to pick up the exits and description correctly. It is failing to pick up the room name. I have added the following trigger but I have no clue how to use it:

TRIGGER {^~[(*)~]} {#TAG name {%1}}

Could someone point me in the right direction?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:53 am   

#TAG doesn't work if the prompt can't be found. Any use of #TAG moreorless throws out whatever existing config was being used, so you'll need to provide a prompt trigger.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:38 am   

MattLofton wrote:
#TAG doesn't work if the prompt can't be found. Any use of #TAG moreorless throws out whatever existing config was being used, so you'll need to provide a prompt trigger.

Confused
You're talking to a newbie here. I don't understand.

If I have read correctly, the mapper starts at the bottom of the room, finds the direction, then the description and finishes with the room name. I'm guessing I'm failing to understand why the mapper can figure out where the direction and description are but can't find the name. How is the prompt (which appears after all the room information is displayed) going to help find the room name(which is at the top)?
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:58 am   

The prompt marks the end of the data block the mapper searches. The room appears "before" the prompt only for the first room. But if the mapper knows what the prompt looks like, it will also catch the first room (in most cases).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:23 pm   

Okay, maybe I'm dealing with two different issues here. Getting all (exits, description, & name) the room information and using the #TAG command. Since the mapper reads from bottom to top and already picks up the exit and description info, I draw the conclusion that finding the prompt and using #TAG is unnecessary (because the mapper is picking up 2/3's of the information already). Therefore, setting the room name options in the mapper config seems to be the way to deal with problem.

Can someone point me to a link that provides the information on setting the options in the mapper config program?
depme

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:17 pm   

Okay, it looks like I may have found the solution at:

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/modules/mx_kb/kb.php?mode=doc&page=3&refpage=3&a=zmud_Manual_Mapper_configuration

That has lead to another problem though and I'll open up a new thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: