Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Bluebear
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:47 pm   

#Find has difficulty with periods

Hi everyone,

I've was passed map with the zfg file for the mud I play.

All the room names end with a period on the mud and in the database. The problem is that in order to make the find command work I have to remove the periods from the database records (CMUD loses the period when its matching the room name).

I tested this by deleting rooms from the map and then recreating them using the automapper. When it creates the rooms, it omits the periods from the name.

I have tried this both with the 'room name ends with period' option checked and unchecked, the results are the same. I have also tried unchecking the . in special characters in the global settings, again the results are the same.

This behaviour only happens with CMUD in ZMUD it works fine. Is this a bug?

Thanks

Please help.
alluran
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm   

Mapper isn't finalised in cmud, though it sounds like a bug. At the moment it's just a quick port over from zmud from what I understand, so hopefully when the new mapper stuff comes in, that will be fixed
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:13 pm   

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/modules/mx_kb/kb.php?mode=doc&page=3&refpage=3&a=cmud_beta

For a link to a rough timeline for the mapper, it's also linked from the "Cmud Features" sticky at the top of this forum
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:41 am   

Zmud/cmud when creating new rooms, in most of the automatic config setups the room name is whats before the period. Since you said you were given a map/zfg, that person likely overrid the mapper using #TAG to get the periods in too. It's not a cmud bug, just how the person mapped it.
Bluebear
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:17 am   

Actually Chris thats not true, I have just tested.

Zmud retains the periods when automapping, cmud does not and that is with the same .zfg file.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:45 pm   

Quote:
Zmud retains the periods when automapping, cmud does not and that is with the same .zfg file.

Hard to imagine since the mapper in zMUD and CMUD are identical (except for minor UI issues). But as mentioned, if you want it to capture the room name without the period, you might try a #TAG command. There is also an option in the Map Properties in the Configuration/Room Name page called "Name ends in period" which you should have checked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: