Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Posideon
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:59 am   

Unrecognized database format

I hit save in my mapper and when it tried to reload, it can't because of an unrecognized database format. I just got zMapper trial to see if that could open my map and I get the same thing... I hope my map isn't lost forever any suggestions or anything else you need to know, not sure what will help.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:19 pm   

Go to the page http://www.zuggsoft.com/data and download the MDAC Compress and Repair tool and run it on your *.MDB map file to see if that helps. You can also download the MDAC Checker program from that same page to check to see if your Microsoft MDAC/ADO database drivers are installed correctly. Also, in the future please mention what version of Windows you are using.
Posideon
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:30 am   

Sorry zugg, using Windows Vista Home Premium. About to download that and try it -croses fingers- I really don't want to have to remap it all.
Posideon
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:36 am   

Just tried to compact, and it says: "Cannot Compact this version of database." not sure, but I think I have to remap...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:58 pm   

Before remapping, try searching over on the Microsoft site for an updated compact/repair tool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: