Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
MrCheviot
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:57 am   

[2.18] Bug: Selecting Script Packages for Default

MrCheviot wrote:
Okay, I' was trying to go through suggestions one at a time, but I can't begin to express my frustration with this. In my testing I removed the English packages from default, got a default package created, got it so that was included in new sessions, and now can't get the English packages back into the defaults (it doesn't add them on a new line as new package, it munges the existing line). I'm assuming it's stored as a list, because as soon as I add a second package I do not see two lines, just "|c:\program files\cmud\packages\english keypad.pkg#" (# is actually a square). I have no idea how to fix this - if another thread is needed to address it (i.e. you can't replicate based on my semi-walkthrough) let me know, b/c until then I'm no longer able to use the English* packages as defaults.

Just reinstalled and confirmed this. MAKE A BACKUP of \packages\default.pkg before testing this..

After reinstall I did the following:

Open settings, open default package I created. Click on preferences in lower right, go to scripting, go to packages. Click +, add package, it then displays them all on one line (|\path\to\package\# [square]). Have to click red - 3 times to remove the 3 in the list (2x English + Custom), then trying to readd them same problem occurs. As soon as it adds them on one line, you can immediately reset to default to fix.

The behavior (of adding packages at least) does work correctly when adding packages to a session via the "Open Session" window, although I'm not so sure about the up/down arrows.

FYI, Charneus just tested this (we're on the same MUD) and he confirmed the behavior.

-MrC
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:12 pm   

OK, I've added this to the bug list. This is very weird though because the Preferences package list and the Edit Session package list use the same shared subform component for manipulating the package list.

But it's possible that the default package list used in the Preferences window isn't being saved/loaded from the INI file in the proper format for the new database variables.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:12 pm   

Actually, I remember seeing something similar in the Edit Session list once. I couldn't reproduce it (all I'd done was add an item to the list), but it happened.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: