Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
blancpage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:02 am   

How to retrieve license key

Hi, I've had Zmud 7.21 since it came out. I need to find out how to locate my license key. I already entered it a long time ago when I purchased Zmud after my trial ran out. I don't remember how to retrieve my license key and I don't see where it might show me in the Zmud files on my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA. :)

-blancpage
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:49 am   

License keys from the new license system included in zMUD 7.21 aren't stored on your computer - they're only valid for a week, anyway, so there'd be no point. To get a new key, go to the store and log in with the email and password you entered when you ordered. The password should've been emailed to you if you can't remember it, or you can try the I Forgot My Password link. Once you've logged in, click the Order History link and click the ID of your zMUD order. On the order info page that opens, there'll be a Retrieve License Key button - click it, and a new key that's valid for the next week will be generated and emailed to you.

If you no longer have access to the email account you signed up with, you're in an unfortunate position - you'll need to email customer support with as much information as you can about the order - email address used, address, phone number, date, any order numbers you were given, whatever - and they'll get back to you. Normally this would be very quick, but unfortunately Zugg and Chiara are on their Christmas break at the moment :(

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
blancpage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:59 pm   

Hi, thanks for the quick response! :)

Okay, I'll do some searching and see if I can find a copy of the email. I didn't know license keys lasted for only a week. I thought you could use your license key if you had to install zmud again (such as on a reformated hard drive, or a new computer), so you didn't have to pay again. A friend of mine purchased my last copy of Zmud as a gift, and I don't have contact with him anymore, which means I won't know the payment method he used and his billing address. Oh well, guess I'll see what I can do.

Thank you again for the detailed info, I'll try to look into it within the next few days, if I can get more time.

I'm really glad this forum is here, I hadn't been keeping up with Zugg Software at all and didn't realize that Zmud was no longer being updated after 7.21 because of CMUD, until recently.

-blancpage
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:07 pm   

You don't have to pay again, you just have to retrieve a new valid key.

I will need information to be able to track down the account in order to help you. If you can find the old key, that would help me find the account.

Send any information you can come up with to support@zuggsoft.com. Don't post it here.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:36 pm   

Erm Chiara aren't you supposed to be on the sofa with Zugg?
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:29 pm   

Zugg should lock her out of the office. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:55 pm   

LOL, you guys are funny, thanks for the smiles. :D

Nice meeting you all. I hope to have many opportunities to visit this site (nice site btw).

Chiara, np, as soon as I have any information I can send you, I'll send the info the support@zuggsoft.com addy you posted, won't post it here, *grin*

Thanks again everyone! :)

-blancpage
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: