Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Leyline
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:21 pm   

Files settings problems.

Ok, so I had a character on a mud, I wanted to make a new character off the base settings, but maintain their own new file (for variables etc)

So I did copy and paste to make a new connection, I copied the .mud files and renamed them to the new names I wanted,
I clicked edit and changed the new copy of the connection icon, pointed it all to the files, however whenever I connect
zMud always uses one or the other .mud file, I do "#var a" to check a variable that should be different in each file,
and it's always the same...
So I deleted the copied connection, and bam, now I connect char1 and he has no layout, maps gone, not .mud loaded...

I deleted zmud, and re-installed,
Now I notice that I setup one char or another,
then I copied the char.lay file to use the same window layout I created....
and then I have the same problem again, zMud always loads the same .mud file (even though they are different in the connection edit pane)

So, I delete all my .lay files, and I start from scratch.
I open char1 and I setup my windows and I hit lock layout, save layout. I check #var a, it is correct for char1.
it saves char1.lay
I open char2, do the exact same thing. It saves char2.lay

I close zmud, and I re-open it, I tweak char2.lay to match char1.lay, and then it asks to overwrite... yes of course, now I have a ".lay" file in my zmud root.

yes I mean nothing dot l-a-y, ".lay"
So I delete it, now my char2, has no layout again, even tho char2.lay is still there...

So I set him up again... hit save ".lay" file again.

So, I decide, let me open char1 and 2 offline mode, and make the window panes line up exactly.
I load them both, adjust char2, then I hit layout-save it pops up a dialog box that says "What icon file would you like to save"
WHAT!?

anyways, has anyone seen this before, or know how to correct it?
this is a totally fresh install... totally fresh chars created.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:28 am   

Quote:

So, I decide, let me open char1 and 2 offline mode, and make the window panes line up exactly.
I load them both, adjust char2, then I hit layout-save it pops up a dialog box that says "What icon file would you like to save"
WHAT!?

When you have two characters open simultaneously, the layout is saved in a multi-playing version. This layout will show up in the Characters window just like your regular character icons, and allows you to open both characters with just one click.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:30 am   

Thanks for that info, Makes a tad more sense now...

What about, when I copy char1.lay to char2.lay,
then either char I open always uses char1.mud
instead of char1.mud and char2.mud respectively as I have entered in the profile setup?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: