Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
BaronWalker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:24 am   

easy question for the experts

I have 8 different characters for one mud. Everytime I change or add an alias to a character, it adds it or changes it on all of the other characters as well.

My question: How can I keep my triggers and aliases character specific?

Thanks in advance.

BW

(I have little doubt that this has been answered in the forums... I tried searching for an hour before I posted.)
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:30 am   

Create a new connection icon for each of your characters. Create a copy of your .mud file for each of the new connections. Edit the connection properties to point towards an individual copy of the .mud file. Job jobbed.

This way, you can also use zMUD's autologin feature to log into each of your MUD characters automatically.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
BaronWalker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:01 am   

Wonderful. I think it works exactly the way I was hoping it would. I can now set triggers and aliases for each char and Im thinking that the same maps will work for all. In other words, I wont have to update the maps for each character because I think maps are shared even though each char has its own .mud file.

Nice bit of information there. I really appreciate it.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:04 am   

Just make sure that the mapper is opening the same .mdb file for each character. If it's not, changing it is as simple as File->Open.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:29 am   

Heh. What I usually do to keep from cluttering up my sessions is create a class folder for each separate character. The aliases/triggers I want to keep separate, I put them in the character folder. Then all I have to do is enable the folder I'm currently using. That way, you don't have to copy over global commands. ;)

Charneus
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: