Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
DaraisDarkwave
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:53 pm   

Kill Counting

I've been reading all kinds of diffrent scripts and set up's on how to do this and i found at using the database would be a easier way

I got it set up to where it counts how many kills i do, but i want to set it up to where it tells me how many of a certain mob i kill...

Is there a way to set this up?
DaraisDarkwave
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:04 pm   Re: Kill Counting

DaraisDarkwave wrote:
I've been reading all kinds of diffrent scripts and set up's on how to do this and i found at using the database would be a easier way

I got it set up to where it counts how many kills i do, but i want to set it up to where it tells me how many of a certain mob i kill...

Is there a way to set this up?

Ok i just created a way to do something like this but it still isn't the way i want it...

#TR {(*) is dead! R.I.P.} {#ADDKEY mobkills "%1" %eval(%db(@mobkills,"%1")+1)}
#LOOPDB @mobkills {#SHOW %key%val}
#MENU {Mob Count} {#ECHO You have killed %db(@mobkills,%selected) %selected~.}

I set it up like that, but is there a way to show like a little mini window that will keep track?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:05 pm   

You'll need some kind of line that says the name of whatever you've killed. In mine, the line looks like this:

You have slain an enraged stoat!
You have slain your mother!
You have slain a hulking bug list!

So my pattern looks like this:

You have slain (*)!

You'll need to set up your own or provide some sample text for us to use.

Now, you need a variable to keep your killcount in. That's the easy part - I'll call mine @KillCount. It's going to be a data record variable. First, you check if you've already killed a mob of this type. You do this with the %db function:

#if (%db(@KillCount,"%1")) {} {}

This checks to see if there's already a key of the KillCount variable with any value. If there is, you just add 1 to that key:

#if (%db(@KillCount,"%1")) {#addkey KillCount {%1} {%db(@KillCount,"%1")+1}} {}

The #addkey command here is replacing the key with the name of the mob you killed, replacing its value with the old value (as returned by the %db function) plus one.

If the mob hasn't been killed before, you add a new key to the variable, with the starting value 1:

#if (%db(@KillCount,"%1")) {#addkey KillCount {%1} {%db(@KillCount,"%1")+1}} {#addkey KillCount {%1} 1}

Giving me a final trigger that looks like this:

#trig {You have slain (*)!} {#if (%db(@KillCount,"%1")) {#addkey KillCount {%1} {%db(@KillCount,"%1")+1}} {#addkey KillCount {%1} 1}}

Now, to get the value for a particular mob, I use %db(@KillCount,"mobname). I can use that anywhere in a script. To loop through all the mobs I've killed, I use #loopdb like this:

#loopdb {#say I have killed %key %val times.}

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)

Last edited by Fang Xianfu on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:07 pm   

Okay, so you have the script all set up and working. Excellent.

Adding a tracking window is easy. To track only a certain mob (or a certain subset of mobs) you just put %db(@mobkills,name) in the status window or button caption or wherever. To get the whole list, you'll need to use %expanddb.

DaraisDarkwave
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:20 pm   

Fang Xianfu wrote:

Adding a tracking window is easy. To track only a certain mob (or a certain subset of mobs) you just put %db(@mobkills,name) in the status window or button caption or wherever. To get the whole list, you'll need to use %expanddb.

rok-man|hero|black-pudding|purple-worm|cave-thing|caecilia|salamander|efreet|hera|zeus|apollo|ares|athena-goddess|gypsy-wizard|gypsy-paladin|
gypsy-warlord|gypsy-assassin|gypsy-abdul|gypsy-bartender|lord-python|ajax|poseidon|patroclus|alecto|hippolyta|agamemnon|odysseus|dionysus|black-slayer
|mulichort|guillotine|master-xorn|proserpina|donjonkeeper|queeklor|master-torturer|athena|skekie-mantern|skexie-bard|skexie-ancient|skexie-lair-guard|skexie-magister
|raistlin|centaur-master|mrs-day|ixitxachitl|black-enfan|gelfling-weaponsmaster|cloud-butcher|iktham-cloud-giant|aeolus|cleric-guildguard|anubis|nobleman|cerebus
harpy-xanth|mundane|lord-menelaus|hector|Arishh|Arachnos|Illyari|Iktham|Princess-Po|tree-ancient|caramon|curley|abdul|swamp-crawler|shark|viking-slave
|viking-merchant|viking-fisherman|viking-guard|druid-lib|druid-guard|guildguard|elf-arm|elf-shop|elf-bard|elf-wine|elf-arch|sal|cimmura-knight|skele-knight|tin-goose
|tin-parot|tin-monkey|noble}

Is there a fast way for me to put them into the Database?
DaraisDarkwave
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:36 pm   

Fang Xianfu wrote:

I just reread what you said and notice i don't got a status window, so how would i create one for this?
DaraisDarkwave
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:46 pm   

I got it recording as a variable but its not showing up in the Status window...Help please...
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:03 am   

Patience is a virtue :)

You could use something like this:

%expanddb(@mobkills,%concat(" times.",%crlf)," killed ")

DaraisDarkwave
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:31 am   

Fang Xianfu wrote:
Patience is a virtue :)

You could use something like this:

%expanddb(@mobkills,%concat(" times.",%crlf)," killed ")

where do i insert this?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:42 am   

Anywhere you like. A (sufficiently big) button caption, a status window, a #say command in an alias...

DaraisDarkwave
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:51 am   

Fang Xianfu wrote:
Anywhere you like. A (sufficiently big) button caption, a status window, a #say command in an alias...

would:

#STW %expanddb(@mobkills,%concat(" times.",%crlf)," killed ")

Would that work?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:27 pm   

Yes, except annoyingly, it doesn't print the "times" at the end of the string, so you might want to do:

#STW {%expanddb(@mobkills,%concat(" times.",%crlf)," killed ") times.}

Also, you'll probably want to use %cr rather than %crlf, since it seems that the status window parses them separately.

DaraisDarkwave
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:03 pm   

Fang Xianfu wrote:
Yes, except annoyingly, it doesn't print the "times" at the end of the string, so you might want to do:

#STW {%expanddb(@mobkills,%concat(" times.",%crlf)," killed ") times.}

Also, you'll probably want to use %cr rather than %crlf, since it seems that the status window parses them separately.

Is there any ways to clear out the status window?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:12 pm   

Open the settings editor and delete the status window item, or run #stw "" from the command line.

DaraisDarkwave
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:30 pm   

Fang Xianfu wrote:
Open the settings editor and delete the status window item, or run #stw "" from the command line.

Thank you Fang you have been a great help to me :-)..got everything up and running perfectly now
Mixsel
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:28 am   

Quote:

You'll need some kind of line that says the name of whatever you've killed. In mine, the line looks like this:

You have slain an enraged stoat!
You have slain your mother!
You have slain a hulking bug list!

So my pattern looks like this:

You have slain (*)!

You'll need to set up your own or provide some sample text for us to use.

Now, you need a variable to keep your killcount in. That's the easy part - I'll call mine @KillCount. It's going to be a data record variable. First, you check if you've already killed a mob of this type. You do this with the %db function:

#if (%db(@KillCount,"%1")) {} {}

This checks to see if there's already a key of the KillCount variable with any value. If there is, you just add 1 to that key:

#if (%db(@KillCount,"%1")) {#addkey KillCount {%1} {%db(@KillCount,"%1")+1}} {}

The #addkey command here is replacing the key with the name of the mob you killed, replacing its value with the old value (as returned by the %db function) plus one.

If the mob hasn't been killed before, you add a new key to the variable, with the starting value 1:

#if (%db(@KillCount,"%1")) {#addkey KillCount {%1} {%db(@KillCount,"%1")+1}} {#addkey KillCount {%1} 1}

Giving me a final trigger that looks like this:

#trig {You have slain (*)!} {#if (%db(@KillCount,"%1")) {#addkey KillCount {%1} {%db(@KillCount,"%1")+1}} {#addkey KillCount {%1} 1}}

Now, to get the value for a particular mob, I use %db(@KillCount,"mobname). I can use that anywhere in a script. To loop through all the mobs I've killed, I use #loopdb like this:

#loopdb {#say I have killed %key %val times.}

I just have to say the way you explained it. I can totally wrap my brain around and understand stuff Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: