Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Payroll

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:47 am   

Two letter alias dissapears from command line

For some reason today something I did or something zmud updated: I don't know. I'm unable to type two letter aliases and go back to them in the command line history when I arrow up.

For example: I've been able to type /BG/ as an alias to execute beg guard. While I'm begging the guard someone would pass by and say hi so I would say / 'Hi / back to that someone someone as they pass by. Then I would be able to hit the arrow up key to go back to the BG still in my command lines history to go back to begging the guard for more money.

Now each time I arrow up anything that's an alias doesn't save in my command lines history. But every other command three letters or more or two words or more is still seen in my command lines history.

So my question is. How do I get my two letter alias to show back up in my command lines history so I may be able to arrow up back to the command easier instead of typing it. In alot of my text games Ill just arrow up twice, then arrow up twice and doing so repeatedly I would be able to roll on with what I'm doing.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:28 am   

Did you just recently upgrade to zMUD 7.21?

I just tried it with a completely new session and wasn't able to do it, so I'm not sure if it was possible with 7.21. However if you typed 'bg ' (note the space) then you'll be able to see it in your scroll back list.

I hope that helps.
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:51 am   

As far as i can remember (not having access to zMud right now) a command needs to be of at least 3 chars (including spaces) to be 'remembered'.

(Perhaps to stop the history being filled by movement)
hogarius
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:03 pm   

This is a guess...
Click the Preferences button, and go to General -> Spam Protection.
Set both the Spam Limit and Spam Length to 0. This disables the spam protection feature.
Payroll

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:25 pm   

the spam protection didn't help none. but I do think I upgraded zmud. There are new features that I don't reconize of course I havn't played with zmuds features much lol. I was messing around with it alot yesterday and goofed up alot of things tho. the space after the two letter alias does help alot. But i dont remember ever having to put a space after the two letter alias. and thanks for the help! I do believe I have a new zmud but don't remember ever downloading or installing it.
eclpmb
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:06 pm   

I just made my aliases 3 letters; i suspect it's quicker to learn the new version when the 'wrong' version doesn't work.
Theragil
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:46 pm   

I thought it was always that way! And I agree with eclpmb, it's got to be because otherwise your command buffer would usually be lots of n;ne;n;nw;w;sw;w;w;se stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: