Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zhiroc
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:17 pm   

How to change certain colors in the settings editor

I find the light gray used in the settings editor for inactive settings, and in trigger patterns for parens and some other metacharacters (like \ in REs) to be just about invisible against the white backgrounds.

So far, I've been unable to figure out if/how to control these in the color preferences. Any help?
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:43 pm   

Zugg will confirm this, but I don't think there is currently a way to control the color of disabled settings in the settings edit.

You can try adjusting you monitor (colors depth, contrast, etc).

Unless you've found a preference I'm unaware I'm not sure you can get a white background in the settings editor. My is like pale or pastel cyan color and I have no problem detecting it.
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:13 pm   

There currently isn't any way to change the disabled setting color. It's hard coded right now, but I should be able to use a Style in the future. I did change the color in 2.0 to be a darker gray that shows up better. The treeview control is "themed", so the background depends upon the theme being used. It's a light pastel cyan color in the normal Windows Luna scheme, but it might be white or silver in the Windows Silver Luna theme that some systems use.
Zhiroc
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:26 pm   

Here's a small bit of my screen to demonstrate.

The part of the Trigger text you can see is really: ^(((@Chat/PrefixPlace)\b['\w\s\d]*?,|@Chat/PrefixOther)\s*)?

It's a laptop LCD, so I can't really change much about how it displays.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:39 pm   

Well yes, that's about how it looks on my screen, but I don't find the gray text to be that hard to read. In any case, like I said, it will eventually be something you can change. It's just not going to make it into the 2.0 version, sorry.
Zhiroc
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:24 pm   

Must be how my LCD screen is then. The disabled settings aren't the big deal, though, it's all those RE metacharacters that's the worst for me. I'd be willing to just have some way of turning off syntax coloring in the trigger.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:00 pm   

Ah, ok, I thought you were talking about the gray in the settings tree...I didn't realize you were talking about the trigger pattern syntax. The Trigger pattern syntax actually already uses Styles, so making those changeable in the Preferences should be pretty easy. I *think* that if you turn off the Syntax Highlighting in the editor then it will also turn off the pattern highlighting, but I haven't tried it. But there isn't any separate setting for the pattern highlighting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: