Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
liareth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:27 am   

Key Binds not Registering

Hi folks,

Running the latest public release of CMUD.

For some reason, commands bound to keys have stopped working.

The keys and associated macros are still showing as associated in the settings.

Any ideas? I'm stumped.

Thanx in advance,

Liareth
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:30 pm   

Check the options for Macros.

On the menu go to Options -> General. On the first tab which is the "Command Line Options" you should see an entry for "Macro Keys override Menu Shortcuts". Make sure that it's checked.

Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:46 am   

Tech wrote:
Check the options for Macros.

On the menu go to Options -> General. On the first tab which is the "Command Line Options" you should see an entry for "Macro Keys override Menu Shortcuts". Make sure that it's checked.

Hope that helps.
That doesn't seem to be helping. When I try to use a Fkey that I had programmed before, they all work up until F7, when I try "new", it bounces me around to one of the class folders. Different things happen with different F# keys, like they are already programmed to do certain things.

I did what you said above, for "Macro Keys override Menu Shortcuts", but I'm still having the same problem.

On that note, why is Cmud running slower than Zmud? The program has slowed my character way down.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:26 am   

Check out this thread for info on speeding up CMUD.

You need to describe, step-by-step, exactly what it is that you're doing, how you expect it to work, and how it's actually working. Use imageshack to upload screenshots if that helps you to explain. Posting the exact script that you're running usually helps too. I have no idea what "bouncing around to one of the class folders" means.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:35 pm   

When you define a new macro, are you hitting ENTER and then the key to be assigned after you get the popup dialog? A common mistake is just to make a new macro and then hit the key you want to use.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:38 pm   

If the settings editor is open, the F keys will be selecting the filter bar on the left. You need to close the settings editor if you want your F macros to work with the MUD. This is true of most any macro assigned to a key that is already used as a menu shortcut. The "Override Menu Shortcuts" option only works for the main CMUD menu...not for other windows like the Settings Editor, Mapper, etc.

As far as speed, you should make a different post topic about that since it doesn't have anything to do with the title of this topic.
liareth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:34 pm   Resolved by Reinstallation

Thanx for the advice folks.

Resolved by reinstalling Cmud.

Scratch head, move on
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: