Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:03 pm   

styles not saving

I changed the stle for information windows in my child window from the aqua color to be the same green as the main window defaults to.

Yet everytime i reopen the session, the color reverts, not back to the default aqua, but to black, forcing me to go back into styles and change it again just to see anything.

In zMUD this kind of thing would happen as well, but you could go under the settings menu and save the child window setings seperatly.
That option is no longer around in CMUD.

So how am i supposed to have the style options for the child window to save?
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:52 pm   

Go into the Settings Editor and select your Child window. Then click the Preferences button over near the bottom of the right panel and that will open the preferences for that specific window (instead of for the main session window). You can then change your child window styles there.

You can also do this using the hidden "Advanced" menu in the Preferences...hover the mouse over the drop-down arrow in the upper left part of the preferences to get the advanced menu. You can then go to the Modules submenu and select which module/window you are editing the preferences for.

But using the Preferences button from the specific Window or Module in the settings editor is the easier way to do this for most people.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:17 pm   

changing them is not the problem, as i stated i had successfully changed them already

my issue is with my change not saving, and upon reopening the session, the change i implemented has changed itself to black

if it at least went back to its normal color, i could manage, be going to black is EXTREMELY annoying, even restoring it to default doesnt stop it from going black each time i close the session
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:25 pm   

I'm not seeing this problem here, but I did already fix a couple of issues regarding style saving in the 2.0 version, so give it another try next week when 2.0 is released and see if it still happens.
Daagar
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:38 pm   

Next week! Next week! A date has been set! Now we can hold you to it! Muahahahaaha.

Okay, okay, just kidding. But I can stop hitting refresh as often now ;)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:16 pm   

Yeah, but isn't it always "Next week"? Razz
Daagar
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:22 pm   

Depends.... if you're id or Blizzard, it is always "two weeks". So that makes you twice as efficient, eh? ;)
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:36 pm   

But he's only one person and those two companies have multiple teams of people. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: