Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
SRPrice
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:25 am   

Multiple Layouts for same character?

Got a question here.

I running 7.21 zMud.

I have 1 character that I mud with, however I typically play using 2 specific computers. I have tons of scripts written for the character, including multiple capture windows, spellup scripts, etc.

The problem I'm running into is this. The 2 computers I use have drastically different screen resolution size, which greatly affects the sizes of my capture windows.

I tried to make a "2nd" character in zMud, giving it a different layout file, but still pointing at the same XXXX.mud file. However, this seems to alter the layout regardless of what layout file the character setting is directed to.

Currently I have made fullly duplicated characters (including the XXXXX.mud file) to get the layout to stay. However this presents problems if i update a script or alias on one mudfile, then i have to make the same adjustments again on the other.

Is there a way to use the same mud settings (ie scripts, alias', triggers, etc), but have 2 different layouts?

I need help, I'm stumped.
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:14 pm   

At work I have a 22 inch widescreen. At home I have a 19 inch widescreen at home.
I have one charname. One layout at work and a diff one at home. Both layouts are called the same thing.
Is that what you have? or are you doing something else? I have no problem.
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:01 pm   

From what you are describing.. yes sounds very similar. However, i think the problem I am having is that the resolution on one system is 1680x1050, and the other display is 1280x1024.

I have a main window for most mud output, and 2 other smaller capture windows where, various channels are sent to.

I was hoping to have 2 different layouts so that each resolution setting will display the multiple windows w/o me needing to resize them and change font size every time I log in from one PC or the other. And at the same time, not need multiple copies of scripts, etc.

does this make sense?
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:14 am   

Both of my monitors are also diff resolutions.
I'm not sure what the problem is.
You have zmud installed on 2 computers right?
The only files you need to transport between them are the *.mud files.
You don't need to touch the .lay, .ini, or any other file.
Unlock the layout, maximize it, do what you need to do, lock the layout, and save it. (Of course for SOME reason Zmud never stays maximized, but goes to screen size in non-maxed state.)
Go to the other computer, and do the same thing.
DON'T transport the .lay or ini files. There's no reason to.
I think the font settings are in the settings.ini file, but I am not sure. Maybe it gets stored in the lay file. Never felt the need to change font settings.
Maybe that's the problem you have?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: