Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Lyrael
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:49 am   

Another request for assistance

In the zMud forums, there are a couple examples of "Finished Scripts" for Achaea channel capture scripts, however, try as I might (again, not much of a scripting gal) I can't seem to get them to work appropriately in CMUD.

What I'd like to do is capture the following example text into a window, have a tab for each channel, and also have a unique color (defined in CMUD, not using the MUD ascii colors) for each channel. I'm assuming the name of each unique channel I'm wanting to capture isn't necessary - that I can edit any examples provided for specifics?

Anyway, here's a couple of examples:

Quote:

(Class Druid): ** Heshi is a new member of this class. **
(Class Druid): Asenath says, "Welcome Heshi."
Calira tells you, "Not really."
(Eleusis): Skylana says, "Banokles to Santar."
(Viridi): Sharita says, "Be well all... Let the Sunshine in!"

If anyone can offer a hand with this or pointers for further examples/how to's, would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lyrael
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:07 am   

#WINDOW Chat
#CLASS Channels
#TR {^~(*)~):*} {#cap chat;#T+ chancap}
#CLASS Channels/ChanCap
#TR {*} {#CAP chat}
#TR {H:} {#T- chancap} {prompt|nocr}
#CLASS 0

I hope that makes sense. I also hope I didnt forget anything; I did that from memory. I don't remember what the Achaean prompt is like, but that works on the Aetolian and Imperian prompts. It also wont have a separate tab for each window. You're on your own with th, I don't have enough time right now to be reading help files. If you search the zmud finished scripts forum for scripts by me, you will see an old one for channel capture, and the title refers to one by another person.. lalayna or something. Her's had a separate window for each channel, so you might get ideas from that. Good luck with it.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:40 pm   

Or alternatively, the (to my mind) much easier way:

Code:
config screenwidth 0
#call %pref(WordWrap,1)
#call %pref(AutoWrap,0)
#call %pref(WrapCol,80)
#call %pref(WrapIndent,0)

What this does is turn off server-side word wrapping and make CMUD's word wrapping emulate it. Your lines will still look 80 characters long, but everything between two prompts will be one long line to CMUD's trigger parser. So now you can just do:

#trig {^~(*~):*} {#cap chat}

and it'll work. Much easier.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Daagar
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:15 pm   

If only all muds would offer the equivalent of "config screenwidth 0"! :)
Lyrael
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:30 pm   

Quote:
... If you search the zmud finished scripts forum for scripts by me, you will see an old one for channel capture, and the title refers to one by another person.. lalayna or something. Her's had a separate window for each channel, so you might get ideas from that. Good luck with it.

I did look there first and tried to use a couple of the scripts I found, but one wouldn't work at all and the other seemed to grab everything into the chat window once a tell or chat was triggered. But I'll see if I can muddle my way through trying to understand how it's done.

Thanks for sharing your script with me - to be honest, there's a fair chunk of it I don't understand (again, lack of scripting knowledge/ability) - but some of it I do. Hopefully in reading the help files in CMUD and playing with the example a bit I will get an understanding.

Thanks so much for helping!

Lyrael
Lyrael
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:32 pm   

Thanks for the info on how to turn off wrapping as well - that helps save about 10 more questions I had related to capturing text over multiple lines. :)

Again, I appreciate the quick responses and the help very much.

Lyrael
Lyrael
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:35 pm   

oh, one more quick question - where would I /could I throw my colorizations in that script?

So if I wanted Druid to be one color, Viridi to be another color (output I'm referring too), how would I insert that into the example provided?

Lyr
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:00 pm   

You could do it a number of ways. The #cap command preserves colour, but if you want to recolour it anyway, the easiest way would probably be with triggers in the channel window like:

#trig {^~(Druid~):*} {#color high,green}

Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:47 am   

I was told they deactivated the ability to turn off wrapping in Achaea. Glad to see I was wrong, its one of my fav config options in Aetolia and I felt sorry for you all :) Fang's way is much better.

I also wrap it to 150 instead of 80; giving me more vertical 'space' meaning combat scrolls slower.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:57 am   

I highly recommend a widescreen monitor - I like having lots of windows for different things as well as the text output, and the extra horizontal space really helps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: