Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Madamegato
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:32 am   

[:?:] Multiline Trigger - Help!

Hello everyone!

Hopefully, this won't be too difficult. I'll show you the mud output, what things I've tried, and so on.
This is what the mud shows:

You inform the General Store Owner you have completed her quest.
You hand Council Member's Handbook to the General Store Owner.
the General Store Owner says 'Congratulations on completing your quest!'
the General Store Owner says 'As a reward, I am giving you 20 quest points, and 150 platinum.

Sometimes the second line shows, sometimes it doesn't.
Also, the name of the quest giver (in this instance "the General Store Owner") changes depending on what mob you go to in order to do the quest.
What I want to do is simple: Since EVERYONE sees this line when they quest, I want the trigger to start with the "You inform..." since only you see that. Next, I want it to pick up the variable quest points and platinum amounts from the final line. Last, I want it to announce to my clan the amounts.

Here are the different things I've tried:

CURRENT NON-WORKING SETUP:
Trigger #1: You inform (*) you have completed
Value: #VAR &bitchin 5 (this number 5 is just random, I only did it to create a variable)
Trigger #2: As a reward, I am giving you &quest quest points, and &platinum platinum.
Value: #VAR @quest
#VAR @platinum
#IF (@bitchin = 5) {triggera} {}
#RESET
Trigger #3: (set as triggera)
Value: clooc Yay! I got @quest quest points and @platinum platinum for that quest!

When this trigger goes off, I see it collect the variables and even reset afterward - it says the value right on the screen. However it's not setting off triggera, and it's completely ignoring whether the @bitchin has a variable in it... it fires no matter what.
-------------------------------------
I have also tried using #COND, as in:
Trigger #1: You inform (*) you have completed
Value : #COND {As a reward, I am giving you %d quest points, and %d platinum.} {triggera} {} (where triggera was set to %1, %2, rather than @quest/@platinum)

In that instance, I could not get it to read the variables from the conditional. At all. I tried substituting the %d with (%d) and %n and (%n) with no avail.

I have also tried using the within and wait commands - having it within 3 lines for the conditional, as well as setting the wait to 5 seconds for the third (or fourth) line to show, using the same conditional line setup as above. It would fire, but could not collect variables.

I can't get anything to work. My question is this. It seems that the conditional multiline set up with a within would work best, but is it not possible to extract variables from the conditional statement?

Help!
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:13 am   

You're using some wrong syntax (#var &bitchin 5 is invalid) and you have no triggera alias, which is what would be set off by the #if (...) {triggera} command (don't need the else-command brackets if you're not going to use them).

Most of all, though, you're over-egging the pudding. All you need is this:

#trig {You inform * you have completed} {}
#cond {As a reward, I am giving you (%d) quest points, and (%d) platinum.} {#var quest %1;#var platinium %2;clooc Yay! I got %1 quest points and %2 platinum for that quest!}

You don't even need the #var quest and #var platinum commands if you're not saving them for use by other scripts.

Run those two commands from the command line to create the trigger. #cond creates trigger states like #trig creates triggers - it's not normally used from inside a trigger.
Madamegato
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:55 am   Have I told... you lately...

I LOVE YOU! Mr. Green

I actually did have a triggera set up, but that didn't matter at all since all else was too much and not well enough.

Thank you SO much for the help, worked like a charm.
Go figure I wasn't thinking about the fact that the conditional was a separate thing unto itself.

*worship* I won't bother telling you how long I was on that... Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: