Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
i7nvd

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:56 pm   

Code request

I'm REALLY sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this. If it is, please tell me where I SHOULD post this.
I'm having some issues trying to write a trigger code. I'm not really good yet, so I'm looking for some help from you guys.
I'm trying to write a trigger to let me dig a subsequent room when I build. What I tried to do was
Code:
 #TRIGGER {[Room &%d{vnum}]} {east dig {@vnum+1}; east}

It, as most of you can see, doesn't work. I'm trying to get it to read the header on each page:

[Room 17017] and then automatically dig vnum 17018 to the room to the east, and then move to it.

If someone can help me fix this code, I'd be deeply appreciative.

Alternatively, if someone's got MORE time and wants to help me write advanced, I'd love to do something like this...

I'd like to be able to take the vnum I'm in right now, and type something like ndig next to have it dig to the north the vnum that's one above the room I'm in. Possible?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:32 am   

It is really the wrong place to post this - this section's for posting scripts that you've written that you want to publish. The place to ask questions is the general discussion forum. I'm sure one of the intrepid moderators won't mind moving it, though :)

The problem is that [ and ] are special characters in trigger syntax. You need to tell zMUD that you don't want to use those special properties and that they actually appear in the pattern. You do this by putting a ~ before them, so your pattern becomes this:

#TRIGGER {~[Room &%d{vnum}~]} {east dig {@vnum+1}; east}

Secondly, if you're not actually using @vnum for something else, you can just do this:

#TRIGGER {~[Room (%d)~]} {east dig {%1+1}; east}

Be careful running this trigger, though. If that [Room 28572] line appears automatically when you move in a direction, this trigger will keep on creating rooms over and over unless you disable triggers.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
i7nvd

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:37 am   

Thanks for the quick reply and the help. Since the post hasn't been moved yet, I figure it's best to reply here. The trigger is certainly triggering, but the input line after the trigger fires is actually "east dig {17042+1}" instead of "east dig 17043". Any suggestions on how to fix that?
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:46 am   

#TRIGGER {~[Room (%d)~]} {east dig {%eval(%1+1)}; east}

The %eval sorts out the problem of it being a string rather than a number
i7nvd

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:14 am   

Thanks! You guys have been really helpful. I'll post in the right spot next time :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: