Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Rolly
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:21 pm   

capturing a two word variable

Hi I use Acropolis in Achaea. I recently changed to a Monk and can not use parry but want to use all the information gathering power of the existing script so I can use the information to guard different body parts.

What I want to do is to use the record variable which counts hits to body parts for parrying purposes to display the number of hits to each body part on a set of buttons. This works well for one word keys like torso (the button caption is simply {@Parry_hits.torso}which will display the number correctly. when it comes to record variables like {@parry_hits.right arm} it displays "arm" as the button caption. You would expect this to be the case as it wants to see a one word record. I've tried to put all kinds of quotes and brackets around this to force it to be read but it didn't work. Does anyone have a thought on it other than to change it to a single word variable? I really don't want to track this through all of the various triggers for each limb to correct it.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Dharkael
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:57 pm   

how about {%db(@Parry_hits,"right arm")} not as nice looking, but it works
Rolly
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:27 pm   

Thaks! it works
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: