Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
magallaher

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:53 pm   

triggers don't work at all (new to cmud)

I'm new to Cmud (never used Zmud either) and I can't get triggers to work at all. I am using very simple triggers like:

#TRIGGER {awaken} {dance}

Nothing happens when the MUD returns the phrase "awaken."

I have the trigger enabled. Is there something I need to do to turn it on?

I got it to work once when I typed the trigger code into the command line. But it only worked once after I did that.

Do certain MUDs do stuff to disallow triggers?

Help!
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:05 pm   

There's no way for a mud to stop your triggers from working. Make sure that the trigger really does exist and is enabled (if you're not mucking around with packages - and you probably shouldn't be - open up the settings editor and it should be there in the tree list). If you have more than one window, make sure the trigger's been created under the right one. Make sure that trigger parsing is on - in the bottom right hand corner, there's a computer symbol and a gun symbol. The gun may have a cross through it - if it does, click it to turn triggers back on. The Enable Triggers option is also on the Options menu.

As an aside, I wouldn't recommend triggers that simple. The simpler they are, the easier it is for them to be activated by something you didn't intend to activate them. For example:

say awaken, and dance for me!

and now you're my dancing puppet ;)
magallaher

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:44 am   

Yup, trigger parsing is on. I only have one window and the trigger is under that window name in the tree. No 'x' through the gun or the computer symbol in the lower right corner.

And, yes, it's obviously a test trigger and not one I'd really use!

I'm stumped.
magallaher

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:24 pm   

I figured it out. In the "pattern" box I was typing a #TRIGGER command instead of the trigger word. I was trying to program directly instead of using the interface.

I'm happy now! I knew it was something obvious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: