Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
yoritomo

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:15 pm   

Window Layouts

Hi,

I'm currently making the shift from zMud to CMud and am having trouble with the window layout.

In zMud I used to have it setup so the output window was maximized and when I moved my mouse pointer to the top of the window to edit settings etc the buttons tab would pop down. Normally the buttons tab would be hidden and only shown when I moved my mouse up to the top. Is this possible in CMud?

If it's not possible to do this, is there a way to have my Mud output window maximized so nothing else shows and still be able to edit settings etc quickly without having to move the Mud output window?

Thanks!
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:40 am   

Maybe I'm not understanding but the default layout session is like that right now.

Your mud output window starts maximized. If you want to access your setting if you mouse over the settings Tab on the right, then it will automatically flyout.

Now this maybe a little different for you if you imported you zMUD layout. Go to Windows -> Settings to bring up the flyout window for settings.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:21 am   

Hmm! That's odd because when I first started CMud before importing from Zmud the default layout wasn't as you describe. Perhaps I've not explained it very well. What I have is this:

At the top of my screen is the menu bar with the following buttons: Sessions, Settings, Library, Aliases, Variables, Paths, Triggers etc etc running along the top from left to right. Above that is things like File, Edit, View, Options, Actions, Tools, Layout etc etc.

In Zmud I could have it so that bar I've described would only be visible if I moved my mouse to the top of the screen, effectively making it so the Mud output window was as big as possible, filling the whole screen. In CMud I can't seem to make it do that. If I have the Mud output window mazimized then I can't access the menu bar by moving my mouse to the top, I have to minimize my Mud output window. The right hand popout window with the settings tab in it also doesn't 'pop' out if I have the Mud output window maximized.

Thanks for your reply, I hope I've described it better this time.

Yoritomo.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:09 pm   

CMUD cannot currently do what you were doing in zMUD with the popup menubar at the top of the screen. zMUD used a different window docking system than CMUD which had many other problems and this particular "feature" could not be handled in the new CMUD docking system. Since you can drag the menu bar and toolbars in CMUD and make them floating, or dock them to the left or right side of the screen, there really hasn't been a need for this zMUD feature in CMUD. Just undock the toolbars, and then resize the main window so that it takes up the entire screen.

With CMUD, I have to maintain more Windows compatibility than I did in zMUD for it to work on newer versions of Windows, so I can't do as much kludging and messing around with how the windows work. For example, the feature in zMUD that allows you to put the window caption along the left side of the window instead of the top. Those kinds of things really cause havoc with Windows. So CMUD is much more of a "standard" Windows application than zMUD was.
yoritomo

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:04 am   

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad it wasn't just me being an idiot.

The main issue really isn't so much the popping aspect of the menu bar but my inability to access it once I have the Mud output window maximized. Can you offer any advice on how I can access things like aliases while the mud output window is maximized? Are there any keyboard shortcuts for example?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:32 pm   

There are lots of keyboard shortcuts. Look in the menu...each item with a shortcut has the shortcut key displayed on the right. For example, Ctrl-G displays the package editor.

Have you tried dragging the toolbar and docking it to the right-side of your MUD window? Or have you tried just dragging the toolbar to let it be a floating vertical toolbar? It should stay on top of your session window. If you right click on it and turn off the text labels, the toolbar can be quite compact.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: