Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
avguste
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:34 pm   

Cmud Mapper Help Needed

Hello
I have been trying for some time, without success, to make the Cmud mapper work with Aetolia(IRE Mud) and Carrion Fields
Could someone provide me with a guide/instructions on how to do so? I am very bad at coding

Thank you
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:54 pm   

I know there are some Aetolia players around here that might be able to help, but it would help those of us who play different MUDs if you posted some sample output of what the MUD displays when you move between rooms.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:33 pm   

I finally get around to answering this and Zugg beats me to it. Very Happy

Larkin is usually you're best bet. He has some scripts here. Also a search of the forums should provide some help as well.

Here are some links I found. http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=16819&highlight=mapper+aetolia+carrion

http://www.zuggsoft.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6538&FORUM_ID=7&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=Mapping+settings+for+Achaea%3F&Forum_Title=zMUD+General+Discussion
http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9061&highlight=mapping+achaea
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:20 am   

Thank you for the larkin links. I don't see any install instructions

Zugg, you mean what happens each time I move my character?or what happens when I set the mapper?

Basically what happens is that I set the mapper automatically and it works only for the room on the config.After that it doesn't work.
I move but the mapper doesn't follow
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:34 am   

He was say that some who doesn't play your mud could still help you come up with some mapping triggers but we would need to see a sample of your mud output. So if you went "s,s,e" what does the out put from your MUD look like. I've never actually used larkin's scripts but I'm sure if you email or PM him he'll be happy to help you.
GURU

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:00 pm   

There aren't any install instructions because the .txt files on there just need pasting onto the command line or importing, nothing else. But the ones available there weren't written for Aetolia, they were written for Achaea and probably need some modification. The basic premise is using an ANSI trigger to match lines of the right colour and then using the #tag command to tell the mapper what lines are what. It gets more complicated when you want the mapper to strip out the "in the trees" and "flying above" and "road" parts of the room name, and so on, and that script will do all of those.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: