Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:02 am   

fly out windows

I would like to have a flyout window that when text was received came out until I clicked on it(getting rid of that green light indicator) and then flew back in. Is this possible in the current cmud setup? Also when you right click a window and go to "help" you get an error in the helpfiles(should this help option be in the window or just ongoing updates to help files and not yet complete). Another issue I've been having is when you "hide" a window that is tabbed with other windows, all of the windows disappear that were part of that dock. If this is horribly vague, just say and I will try to get some screen shots.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:24 pm   

Please try to only post a single problem per topic in the forum. Or at least number your issues so that we can help with each one. Otherwise it gets very hard for people to reply to your posts.

1) Flyout windows: If you click on the window and then click Prefs (and make sure it shows "Preferences for windowname" where windowname is the name of your flyout window) then go to the Window Options tab, there is an option called "Bring window to front with activity". Turn this on. Now, if you click the AutoHide icon for the window, when it receives text, it will fly out to show the text (clearing the icon status).

However, since flyout-windows are only temporarily visible, there is no way to force the window to remain visible. After a few seconds, it will disappear again. Unfortunately this is just how flyout windows work. I plan to add some functions in the future to let you control fly out windows, so you will eventually be able to write a trigger that opens the window and keeps it open. But right now you just get the temporary display of the window (but it does remove the green indicator).

2) Window caption help: Right clicking a window doesn't give any help option. I think you meant right-clicking on the window *caption*. And yes, clicking the help option in that menu gives a "topic not found" error, so I've added that to the bug list. This help option is supposed to display the window docking help topic.

3) Hiding tabbed windows: I have reproduced this bug and have added it to the bug list. The Close option seems to work, but not the Hide option.
Alcander
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:10 am   

Zugg, in item 3) were you able to reopen the session after closing it using the right click on tab? I was having problems doing this.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:11 pm   

It depends upon your session setup. If I close a child window, then the "session" is still open (just the child window is closed). If I close the main session window, then yes, I seem to be able to reopen it without any problem. You might want to create a separate topic to discuss this problem if you are having trouble reopening session windows, since it doesn't really apply to your original topic subject.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: