Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
scottt.m
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:45 pm   

Help With Automapper

I need help configuring the Automapper to work properly with the mud I'm on. The problem lies in the Room Name. The mud appends weather information to the end of the Room Name. I would like to keep the Room Name, so using #NOMAP to filter out the words isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

The weather information throws off the Automapper because it updates to reflect time of day, room type, and current weather conditions. Here is an example:

Enchanted Woods (forest-sunny-clear)

5 Minutes later, it might change to something like:

Enchanted Woods (forest-night-cloudy)

To summarize, I'd like to keep the Room Name part (Enchanted Woods) and remove the weather conditions (forest-sunny-clear).

Thank you.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:52 pm   

You need to create a trigger or triggers that reliably fire on the room names but nothing else. That usually means using a colour for the room name that nothing else uses and then using an ANSI trigger. Once you've got it firing on room names and nothing else, you can use the #tag command to tell the automapper what's what. Once your #tag triggers are in place, you just reconfigure the mapper and you're done.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
scottt.m
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:20 pm   

Unfortunately, the mud makes liberal use of all colors in Room Names. One room might be magenta while the next might be gray or red, etc. As the mud also uses colors extensively in room and object descriptions, using a color based trigger would only complicate matters further.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: