Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:45 am   

CMUD v1.30 Public version released

I have released the v1.30 PUBLIC version of CMUD.

This version fixes several bugs, and is the public version containing the new script editor, and full support for alternate scripting languages.
----

See the Version History for the list of bugs and changes in this version of CMUD. This version fixes some of the issues in the past couple of versions, and should work better with (and fix) some corrupted packages. I also started the low-level work of adding style support to the scrolling MUD output window. The Styles preferences now completely replaces the old "Color Theme" page and allows you to change the style of the output window, command line, editor, status window, informational text, and command echo text. The output window, info messages, and command echo styles are stored for each Window separately. The command line, editor, and status window styles are stored globally for all windows in your INI file.

Note that some of the %prefs names have changed and you can no longer change the output window font using the old name. I'll document the new names and the format of the styles strings in the future. But the Preferences GUI should now be used for making these changes. It's possible that some colors/fonts from previous packages might not get loaded properly, so you might need to adjust your colors/fonts. Once adjusted, the colors/fonts should save/restore correctly.

The new Scripting editor is a huge new feature. It still seems to have some minor performance issues, but for most scripts the syntax highlighting should be much faster than before, and much more accurate. This version also includes full support for alternate scripting languages, such as VBScript, JavaScript, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc. Any scripting language that you have installed that supports the Microsoft scripting engine should automatically appear in the drop-down Languages list in the Script editor. Syntax highlighting for all major scripting languages is built-in. And unlike with zMUD, you can freely mix multiple scripting languages. You can also refer to CMUD variables using the "zvar" object (e.g. "a = zvar.varname" in VBScript will load the CMUD @varname contents into the "a" variable).

I hope everyone likes all of the new features and bug fixes. I personally find the new editor to be a huge improvement over the old one.

Oh...there are lots and lots of keyboard commands active within the scripting editor. If you Google search for help on the Scintilla editor control, you will probably find some documentation on them. I'll eventually document them and also provide an interface for changing them. But as usual, the documentation for the new stuff isn't done yet. So much to do... ;)

Last edited by Zugg on Tue May 01, 2007 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:47 am   

I released a quick fix to solve a problem with the command line font not able to be changed. So, if you downloaded v1.30 before this message was posted, please download it again. Sorry for the trouble.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:58 am   

The New 1.30 installer you uploaded is corrupted.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:04 am   

Hmm... Third time downloading now has the correct size and works.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:11 am   

If you downloaded it while I was uploading a quick fix, then you can get a corrupted file, sorry.

And yes, there is *another* quick fix. It fixes a pretty serious problem with script execution. I guess the even-numbered versions aren't exempt from release-day problems after all. Oh well, sorry for all of the trouble. But if you downloaded v1.30 before this message was posted, please download it again. I'm crossing my fingers that this is the last quick fix I'll need to do tonight.
Tiandy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:45 am   

I'm using CMUD 1.29 on win2003 sp1 and seems no problem. :)
wedrifid
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:47 am   

Does CMUD 1.30.0003 or 1.30c not work for some reason? Icky with the version control when it comes to bugs being posted...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:57 pm   

CMUD 1.30 should be working fine. If you are having trouble with it, create a new post in this forum and describe the problem you are having.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:17 pm   

I think he means he'd prefer if these hotfixes have their own version numbers/letters to differentiate them.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:00 pm   

Yeah, maybe buried deep in the version number I could add a "build" field. But I don't want to do the "a,b,c" things that I did with zMUD. It's just too much of a pain for my automated build system to handle that. zMUD didn't have an automated build system, so I could name the versions anything that I wanted. CMUD constructs the installer stuff from the version resource in the EXE file so that the version number shown in the installer always matches. And I don't like the 1.30.0003 kinds of long version numbers.

As I said, I'd rather just distinguish between a "Version" and a "Build". And then I could just display the build number in the About box. But each would still have the same filename to download.

But this isn't really the thread to talk about that.
Aleron
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:49 pm   

Ok, so I've been gone since version 1.26...you fixed the timers, that's so awesome! Kudos on integrating the new editor as well, I'm liking it. Good job overall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: