Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:04 pm   

settings being made in System class

When make a trigger from the command line, or alias, variables, anything for that matter it is being placed in the System class instead of the root level. Also when I copy/paste a setting within another class it is being moved to the System class as well. Is there a remedy to this?
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:25 pm   

This is a shot in the dark but try typeing #class 0 into the command line and re-testing.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:28 pm   

Sounds like some other script has done a "#CLASS System" to set the current class to System. If you don't do this in any of your scripts, let me know if you are using room scripts in the mapper or anything like that.

I can't reproduce any problem with copy/paste. *Exactly* how are you using copy/paste. Are you using Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V, or right-clicking, or using the menu? And exactly what folder is selected when you paste. Give the exact step by step instructions.
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:25 pm   

I have no #class System in any of my scripts, the only #class use i have is: #class bot @botstatus which turns my bot back to its previous setting after doing donates/ect. I use room scripts however.

I am doing this:

open settings window from button b/t sessions & library, opening the class(it is nested in 2 levels), highlighting a trigger, control+c, then control+v. the setting is being moved to my system class.

After doing #class 0 my copied setting is going to my root folder (for now), however i think that maybe it should auto-copy into the last used class folder or currently hightlighted.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:56 am   

OK, it might be a bug with room scripts. A room script is executed within a subclass of the System class. This subclass is deleted when you move from room to room so that any settings created by the room script are temporary. It's possible that this class isn't getting restored back to the default class in some cases.

I'll play with the copy/paste and see if I can reproduce this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: