Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
fuktfursten
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:22 pm   

#MARK command in 1.26 vs 1.28

In 1.26, when you used #MARK to start recording a path, everything you typed got stored in the path-variable. I found this very handy, for the MUD I play have _alot_ of customize directions.

In 1.28 only the standard directories gets stored in the path... I did a fresh install on cmud 1.28 and dont remember if I changed any settings for this or not since 1.26.

e.g.:

Input:

#MARK (then type) w, n, e, s, u, climb moss, do the chokachoka, worship god of thunder, whatever, d

Path-var:

1.26 (w);.(n);.(e);.(s);.(u);.(climb moss);.(do the chokachoka);.(worship god of thunder);.(whatever);.(d)
1.28 (w);.(n);.(e);.(s);.(u);.(d)

My question is:

Is it possible to have the "old" behaviour back? Is there a setting for this that I have missed? Looked through everything (afaik).
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:25 pm   

I didn't think I had changed anything related to that, but I'll take a look. In general, the Path recording stuff doesn't seem to be working very well currently, and I'm not sure why.

If you want to record *all* commands, you should probably be recording an Alias instead of a path. I'm not convinced that the *path* recording should record all commands, since many commands typed might not have anything to do with walking through the MUD.

The intent for Paths is that they mostly contain movement directions. Whereas an Alias can contain anything.

But in any case, I'll look into this and add it to the bug list. Certainly the 1.26 path *should* have been:

.wnesu(climb moss;do the chokachoka;worship god of thunder;whatever)d

rather than the mess that is is currently creating.
fuktfursten
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:42 pm   

Another thing I noticed; If I type the directions "by hand" followed by enter I get the ();.-result like in my first post.
but when trying to walk with the default numpad I got the concatenated version of the path .wnesu(andwhatnot) instead.

Is this because I end the command with the enter key I get them separated? The directions aren't parsed before sending them like in zMud right?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:48 pm   

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for that additional information. I don't think it's because of the Enter key, but that certainly should help me pin down where the problem is.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:19 pm   

Btw, sorry I wasn't able to fix this in the 1.29 version. But don't worry, it's on the bug list for a future version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: