Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:02 am   

CMUD v1.27 released!

I have released the v1.27 BETA version of CMUD.

This version fixes many bugs, and includes the new script editor, and full support for alternate scripting languages.
----

See the Version History for the list of bugs and changes in this version of CMUD. Because so much was changed in this version, I need to mark it as a BETA version until more people have a chance to play with it. If you don't want to deal with possible bugs in BETA versions, then stick with your previous version of CMUD until we get a chance to see if there are any major problems with 1.27.

The new Scripting editor is a huge new feature. It still seems to have some minor performance issues, but for most scripts the syntax highlighting should be much faster than before, and much more accurate. This version also includes full support for alternate scripting languages, such as VBScript, JavaScript, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc. Any scripting language that you have installed that supports the Microsoft scripting engine should automatically appear in the drop-down Languages list in the Script editor. Syntax highlighting for all major scripting languages is built-in. And unlike with zMUD, you can freely mix multiple scripting languages. You can also refer to CMUD variables using the "zvar" object (e.g. "a = zvar.varname" in VBScript will load the CMUD @varname contents into the "a" variable).

Please use the CMUD General Discussion Forum to discuss general stuff about the public version, and try to keep bug reports about the BETA version in the CMUD BETA Forum

I hope everyone likes all of the new features and bug fixes. I personally find the new editor to be a huge improvement over the old one.

Oh...there are lots and lots of keyboard commands active within the scripting editor. If you Google search for help on the Scintilla editor control, you will probably find some documentation on them. I'll eventually document them and also provide an interface for changing them. But as usual, the documentation for the new stuff isn't done yet. So much to do... ;)

Last edited by Zugg on Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:36 am   

Two things: I noticed while downloading 1.27 that:
1. I did not have to agree to the Beta licence / disclaimer thingie.
2. There is no way for people who don't want to use the Beta version to download the Public version anymore (assuming they haven't already got it).

Oh, also, the Version History doesn't seem to have been updated yet (maybe I'm just too quick!)...
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:46 am   

Seb wrote:
I did not have to agree to the Beta licence / disclaimer thingie.

I did when I chose Upgrade Now in CMUD itself. Website only?
adamwalker
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:10 am   

need to update the version history page zugg.

chears

http://www.zuggsoft.com/page.php?file=cmud/version.htm
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:51 am   

Oops, thanks for noticing. I updated my local file and forgot to upload it to the server. I've also fixed the web-site download to show the beta disclaimer page again. And I've re-added the 1.26 public version to the download area for people who don't want the beta.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:00 am   

I just went back and checked. It still did not show the Updated Version info. I been refreshing it repeatedly!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:32 am   

OK, *now* it's there. Seems that Dreamweaver was complaining about the date of the file on the server and the error dialog was behind some other windows.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:57 am   

Wow Zugg,

This was a feature rich release. We still had the day 1 odd-numbered release hiccups but I'm digging the improvement. I really like the new editor. I'll be sending feedback on few things that are more aesthetic. Thanks for the hard work and the next step in a great product.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:57 am   

Great stuff!

Would you mind updating the "Status of New Features in CMUD (Known Issues)" thread?
Vorax
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:07 pm   

I want to see some new screencaps. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: