Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:32 am   

CMUD v1.26 Public Version released!

Surprise!

I took my laptop to the hospital today, and while Chiara was sleeping, I was able to fix a couple of the big problems with v1.25.
---
Notably, the #WINDOW command works again with child (no connection) windows. Also, I changed how the defaults work and how the override hostname/port are stored for the Window. I have stored a single flag in the PKG file to indicate whether or not a window has a network connection or not. If it has a network connection, it can either use the main session connection, or override the session connection. The override information is stored in the session file as before. Also, the default for loading existing packages is that windows with no command line will default to having no connection. This should fix a lot of the problems people were having with v1.25.

I didn't have access to my bug database or to these forums today, so I could only fix those big problems that I was already thinking about. Sorry I couldn't fix anything else quickly, but this should help a lot.

The other good news is that it looks like they might be sending Chiara home tomorrow (which would be a day earlier than expected). This is a good thing...they aren't *making* her go home early...they are letting her go home early because she is recovering so well. All of that healthy living seems to be paying off.

Anyway, enjoy the surprise version! I still won't be answering forum posts or email tomorrow, but hopefully I'll be able to get more time for it on Thursday.

Last edited by Zugg on Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:14 am   

This is a perfect example of why I feel bad only paying £8 for two years of updates to CMUD. The kind of dedication that makes you think of your customers while your wife is recovering from surgery is something no amount of money can buy. Thankyou.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:44 pm   

Thanks for the update CMUD Zugg, and more importantly I'm really happy to hear the Chiara recovering so well. Software and all be damned when our loved ones need us.
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:58 am   

good news on all sides then ^_^ cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: