Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Locane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:01 am   

Visual Error

I'm experiencing an error with text that runs over a certain column length, as seen here in this screenshot:

The text re-aligns itself if I hilight it or move a window over it, but if I move the Cmud window itself the text error remains.

Has anyone seen this before? is there some setting I can adjust?

--Locane
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:52 pm   

Is this something that you can consistently reproduce each time? If so, I'm collecting debug files for this problem to try and solve it. To create a debug file, following these instructions:

1) Select your character and click the OFFLINE action
2) Type the following on the command line:
#DEBUG test.txt test.raw
3) Now select Reconnect from the File menu to connect to the MUD. Go to the place on the MUD that the error occurs and make it happen.
4) Exit CMUD and send me the test.txt and test.raw files as email attachments to support@zuggsoft.com.

This will allow me to replay the text here and see what's causing the problem. My guess is that the MUD is sending a control character that CMUD doesn't like.
Locane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:15 am   

No, this hasn't been consistent. I experienced it once after a very long session, and it went away after restarting the client. Very odd though.

I'm going to shrug this one off until it happens again, and if it does, I'll take the steps you've provided here.

--Locane
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: