Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zwartje
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:55 pm   

Something is going terribly wrong.

After opening my primary package in a new session to copy some settings from 1 session to the other, my primary package started to throw errors.

Everything worked well before, but now whenever I execute some script, I receive an error, and CMUD closes without the possibility to bugreport even.

The error message i get is: Error: Access violation at 0x0065B518 (tried to write to 0x00030FFC), program terminated

It seems to only happen if i try executing aliases which have #T+ classname. If I comment out that command in the script and execute the alias, no error is thrown (of course my alias doesnt work since it needs to have that class active)

Any ideas how to fix?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:33 am   

Email the package to support@zuggsoft.com and Zugg'll see if the problem can be reproduced and work out what caused it.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
mordeth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:33 am   

I get the same kind of error, not sure what causes it yet. but normally I just keep clicking the continue application button and it stops enough for me to remove the last trigger i put in
Zwartje
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:04 am   

In this case i dont get the continue application button, only an 'ok' button. When clicking that, the application just terminates, as was announced by the error message.

I will send the package to support, after looking offline for reproduce steps.
I so hope its not something corrupt in my package, i've been working hard on these settings, dont want to start over (yes, yes, backup, sigh)
Zwartje
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:53 am   

Just a fast little update.

As Fang Xianfu suggested, I sent my package to zmud support, with steps to reproduce. The error was consistantly reproducable offline too. Online nothing seemed to work anymore, even the simplest commands made cmud crash.
Still waiting for their response though.

Fortunately I found a backup that is not too old, and I restarted from that, everything works ok there.
I am now making daily backups, saving dated copies every time I save the package in cmud. This is probably advisable practice for everybody right now working with CMUD, especially when you want to play around with multiple sessions and packages.
Seeing the trouble I had with multi sessions, I am going to stay away from it as much as possible for now. It seems to work better if I just open 2 instances from cmud.exe
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:47 pm   

Actually, rather than warning people away from multi sessions, it would be much better if people just posted more details about specific problems they are having and ways to reproduce them. Multiple sessions have been working fine for me here in v1.26, so if there are still problems, I'll need more information on fixing them. I'll take a look at your package file next week, but I'm not sure it will be enough to tell me how it was corrupted in the first place.

So please, if you find something that causes your package to be corrupted, post as much detail as possible.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:13 pm   

I wish there were separate keyboard commands to rotate between sessions, and rotating between the windows of a single session.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: