Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
tomcat025
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:56 pm   

Strange behaviour

I tweaked my Cmud defaults up so bad that I decided to uninstall, wipe, and reinstall the program.

Before uninstalling I moved all the settings I wanted to backup to their own package file. I then saved the pkg file in a safe local and unstalled Cmud. After uninstall I deleted all the directories that Cmud left behind.. essentualy giving me a clean slate.

The reinstall went smooth so I decided to make a new session for my Mud (Dragonrealms) and add the files from the saved pkg file to the session base module.

THe problem is that things are all wonky again (although I can remedy this by remaking the triggers etc by hand and deleting the old ones.

For instance, I have a trigger that sends the room details to its own window.

Trigger
Type: GSL
Pattern: o
Script:
#CLR Room;#C+ Room

Trigger state 2:
Type: GSL
Patter: q
Script:
#C-

The old one I had copied over just sat there and did nothing although everything checked out. However, the new one I created worked just dandy.

Another annoyance is that triggers in a deactivated folder still fire. I've since deleted them but they should not have fired in the first place if the class was dissabled.

~Arwin Hochhauser
tomcat025
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:12 am   

A quick update. It seems that if I take the settings that are not working, export to xml, then import, they work fine.

~Arwin Hochhauser
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:48 am   

I think you might be able to do the same thing just by clicking on the compile tabs. If none of the code changed, I don't think the compiler executes when you move settings around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: