Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:27 pm   

[1.18] #fin, command line use, and tell window location

I use the #fin command regularly to find my location within my mud, however when I enter this as a command nothing happens. The automapper should move my current position to the room I'm in however, it doesnt.
Next, with zmud, when I click on my main mud output window anywhere the cursor in the command line automatically pops up. In CMUD, I have to click directly on the command line to see the cursor.
Lastly, I use a #gag and #capture setup to capture gossip and such, and have them sent to a window called tell, however in zmud, I can dock that window and save the layout so it comes up. In Cmud when I create that window (by triggering it), the window pops up, I can move it, but saving the layout doesn't save the layout including that window. I have to re-set the location of it manually each time I log in.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:39 pm   

The window problem is solveable - don't create the window by triggering it, create it as part of the package. Go into the Package Editor and create a new window called tell with no network connection, no command line and no status bar. Then you can position it how you like with the options on there (which I found to be at once simple and powerful). And the session should save its position all on its own after that.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
crycry
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:52 pm   

nod jed, Fangs right, by far the best way of doing it. Something i use ALOT is capture windows, triggering them into existance is a pretty hit and miss way of doing it, at the very least, use the #WIN command.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:27 pm   

Actually, this is a bug. If you click the Edit Session action for your character and go to the Files tab, you will probably see that the Use Layout checkbox isn't checked. Check this box and enter the name of your layout file (because another bug is that CMUD doesn't set this layout file to a default value). Then it should save your layout when you close the session.

Doesn't matter if you create the window from the package editor or not. If you create a #capture trigger, then once the trigger fires, the window is properly created just like if you used the package editor. So the problem wasn't with the window creation, it was with the layout not getting saved properly.

Anyway, this is fixed in v1.19 now.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:59 pm   

Btw, about the cursor and focus thing - that works fine for me. I tested it by creating a window Right relative to the session window, and then clicked in the black space. Worked fine.

Not sure about the #find thing, though.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:28 pm   

jed: If clicking on the main window doesn't work, check to make sure you don't have Character Mode enabled in your preferences. When Character Mode is enabled, you are allowed to select the main window and type directly into it instead of having to use the command line, so this may have caused the problem that you saw.
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:59 pm   

I clicked on the fox.mud window, then opened the settings, selected the fox.mud window, clicked on prefreneces at the bottom, went to the session section, when I did, character mode was not selected. so I selected it and when I click on the window, the cursor pops up in the window. so I unchecked it as you suggested, but still get the same thing.... when I click on the window the cursor doesn't go to the command line... I still have to click on the command line to get a cursor down there...
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:00 am   

Just to add one more thing, when I click on the main window, I can't type anything, but when I hit enter, it does send my last command to the mud...
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:44 pm   

I can duplicate this when
a) I open an existing session offline
b) open the settings editor
c) click on the settings editor window
d) click on the black window
e) typing results in nothing, enter sends the what is in the command line

I'll see if I reduce these steps with a new escape session.
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:00 am   

I reconfigured the zmapper settings, and now the #fin command works... my bad... However in doing so, going through the reconfigure wizard, I see that the buttons (at least one of them) has another image stacked on top of the text...
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:17 am   

Arggh. I can't get the layout to work... What I would like: The left half of the monitor should be the main mud window. The top half of the right half should be the mapper. The right half of the bottom half of the right half should be a "tell" window, a window I created to capture social gossip and such. The left half of the bottom half of the right half should be the status window. I get all of these windows positioned where I want them and save the layout. I then close and re-open, and the layout has changed. at first, it was not opening the window for the mapper... however after I locked and saved the layout again, for some reason it started working. Currently, I can't seem to get the status window to stay where it should be. Each time I open the session, it goes back to its tab home on the right hand side. Additionally, when I right click on it is moved to where I want it, the settings editor opens prompting to start a new status window within the main window setting. So my problems is ultimately how do I get the status bar to stay in the position I have described?
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:30 am   

Sorry, I just noticed there was some discussion in a closer related thread on this one. I will re-post there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: