Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2
xmacro Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:40 pm
Converting SSH->Telnet after connection to shell/MUD prob
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:17 am   

Quote:

but as soon as I get prompted for my name, zmud seems to be sending a blank line so it drops my connection before I can ever log in.

This is just a wild stab in the dark since I don't know anything about shells, but maybe this indicates a GA/EOR conflict? Zugg implemented a fix where some MUDs were using EOR for a different-than-intended purpose. He allows us to toggle this as our prompt indicator or for whatever else it was being used for.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:28 am   

Hey, thanks for the reply ;)
I tried toggling that setting off, but alas, it didn't change anything. I did, however, find that I can get putty to make the same error by changing the local line editing to "force on" However, I don't know how to disable this in zmud, or if it is even the same cause of the problem.
xmacro
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:30 am   

my whole problem right now is that freeshells doesn't allow forwarding or anything like it. Everytime zMUD tries to connect to PuTTY, freeshells won't let it travel through and connect to the MUD. The shell itself stopping the connection going through is my problem.
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:14 pm   

Try something like rootshell.be or similar. I just tested it and it allows SSH port forwarding.

Whether the mud will block that or not is another question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: