Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
HollyC
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:39 am   

Multiple MUD characters

I've created separate "character" folder/files for the MUD Achaea. I've run into a problem where if I import a script for one character, all characters have that script, instead of each character being allowed to have their own scripts.

How do I fix this?

Holly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:13 am   how i managed multiple char setting files

When you save the settings for each char use "save as" in the settings menu..and name the file after the char and mud..like for example i have awcarm awmarc awpryden retveles retmarius and the list goes on.. to load the one you want..sign in then use the load option under settings. Hope this helps, or is an answer to the question.
HollyC
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:04 am   

Well yeah but that's not quite how I had it set up. In zMUD 7.20b, in the character window BEFORE you log into the mud (that is, where you have a list of MUD's to connect to), I had several versions of the Achaea icon, each set to a different character. They all connected to Achaea, but each with its own character and its own script. I created each icon one by one as New --> Character, logged into each one by one, imported a separate script for each one, and I could log into each one and its own script would be all set and ready to go.

After I upgraded to 7.21 I can't do this anymore. I can create as many Achaea icons as I want, each for a different character, but they are all absolutely FORCED to use the same script. Import it for one and it shows up for all of them. Remove it for one and it's removed for all of them.

I was forced to downgrade back to 7.20b in order to fix this. Uninstalling 7.21 and then reinstalling it didn't help.

If anyone has any ideas, I'll be glad to try it.

-Holly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:14 am   

Edit each of the character icons and make sure they are not using the same files and directories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: