Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:51 am   

missing titlebar, scrollbar, tray

heres a new one. I got a bluescreen of death, and when i restarted Cmud, there is no title bar up top (with max/min/eXit) the sroll bar on the side is gone, and my statusbar is half there. The clock is the last thing on the statusbar, then a black box where icons would normally be. The title up top is just gone and when the screen is maximized, there's just a space up top showing the desktop behind.
Same with the settings editor, nothing at top to close the editor other than menu alt-f. I exited Cmud, restarted the computer again, and restarted Cmud. Same. missing in action...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:58 am   

What caused the bluescreen? I'm assuming it was something else that you were doing because it's impossible for CMUD to cause a bluescreen itself. Only stuff like bad drivers or some sort of hardware problem can usually cause a bluescreen in Windows XP.

Anyway, it sounds like the Windows Theme engine on your computer is messed up now. That's what draws the title bar. You can try changing themes in CMUD to see what happens. But it sounds like something pretty serious is wrong with your computer. Maybe someone else will have a suggestion, but I'd probably do a full reinstall of at least CMUD at this point since it sounds like something is seriously corrupted.
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:03 am   

I tried to change the theme, nothing happened, i forgot to mention that
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:29 am   

No I didn't mead Cmud crashed my computer, if it sounded like it. Think windows said my hard drive stopped reponding, happens all the time... just the title thing was odd.
I blame automatic updates on a slow computer and connection for the crash

Just dumped all temp memory and crap on it and reset a couple times. I think it fixed it.
I love it so far, It feels easier to manage settings
I LOVE that it saves settings as you go - I would crash Zmud a lot too and lose like a couple hrs of tweaking to a crashed harddrive

One thing I think would be more stoner-friendly is making Search tool default in the editor. I had to go and change something to make it easier to use for me. Tsk Laughing xp is supposed to make life confy and no work! Cool . Finding settings in the tree is great but I like just clicking any ol' setting button and just using the search. just a thought

heh, even writing this, update slowed me down 10 minutes. damn you xp. damn you.
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:50 am   

Oh, got another one.

the clock on the status bar is working but doesnt refresh the window, its just slowly turns into a typeover blur as time changes and overwrites the old numbers but doesnt 'change' the box
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:14 am   

The clock error happens (along with several other screen issues) if you have the Theme set to "Normal". Currently CMUD is really only tested with the default "Office XP" theme, so stick with that for a while until the theme issues are fixed in a later version.

Thanks for the info on the crash and glad you got it working again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: