Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
sinto

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:57 pm   

class - help non techno minded

i just dont get how to use this class system so for example class1 = everyday use with variables and triggers class 2 = fighting class 3 = labours and such. how do i make it when i connect to avalon i have these class structures, with all their alias and triggers and be able to change to each class when needed. At the moment i made a big mess up so might have to wipe everything and start again. also dont understand the package editor and can i have a targetting script as i have lost mine. Its time to get class structure and its use under my belt

please very simple
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:09 pm   

A class is just a folder to group related settings (aliases, triggers, etc.) together, instead of making them all directly in the window or module - it's comparable to having subfolders in your My Documents folder, instead of putting thousands of files directly in My Documents. To make a class, just open the Package Editor, click New, then click Class.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:02 pm   

You do not need to "change to" the classes. The class structure, as Daern described, is simply a convenient way to organize your scripts. One advantage is that it allows you to enable and disable groups of scripts all at the same time, but the most common use is simply organization. But you generally don't need to change in and out of these scripts--Cmud keeps track of all the enabled scripts and knows where they are.

All you need to create a class and create or move scripts into it. Treat it like a Windows folder.

You seem to have some other questions. As for a "targetting script", you will have to be more specific. Every mud has a different syntax and different environments, so there is no such thing as a generic "targeting script". I suggest you create a new thread with any questions you have about targeting scripts. And yet another thread for any questions you have about the Package Editor.
Llohr
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:59 pm   

As Daern said, you can create classes in the package editor--or you can just type #class class1, which would create a class folder called class1. Then, you can go into the package editor and either drag and drop your triggers/aliases/etc into the folder, or double click on the folder to open it before creating a trigger/etc. to make it appear in the selected class.

If you wish to have a series of classes for different situations, and have only one active at a time, you can easily create aliases to switch between them. Sending the command "#class class1 1" would turn "class1" on, while sending "#class class1 0" would turn class1 off. So you might use an alias like "fighting," which would send something like: "#class class1 1;#class class2 0;#class class3 0" to enable the fighting class while disabling the "every day use" class and the "triggers" class.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:31 am   

I recommend using #T+ and #T- to turn classes on and off, rather than #CLASS classname 1 or 0.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: