Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
zvalgas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:32 pm   

Packaging problems - make it simplier?

Hi,

Unfortunately CMUD much less friendly than zMud when you need export/import your settings, while you have to expect different with packages introduced.
Package interface/menus.... you click something and tree view stop showing nice hierarchy that was second ago.
Priority of external/global packages unpredictable - I highly doubt changing order work 100%.
Everything about packages seems scattered all over in least expectable places.
I was deleting default MUDs I wasn't using, renamed package hrm or session and ended up with not editable package(triggers/aliases works, but I cannot create new ones): result reinstall and make settings from scratch.
I tried export package i created, edited it or no and imported - result duplicated aliases/triggers.
What I think importing packages now safest and least messy is importing they xml, still you have to create them carefully step by step, instead one click like been in zMUD.

Haha I moved again to other place, installed cMUD, started fix/import packages and .... for 3 months I don't play any MUD as I got tired of packaging(and all I wanted is make everything ordered by packages system :) )

That my opinion based on personal experience,
Zvalgas

P.S. if not windows 7 problem I prefer use zMUD, oh god I miss floating windows and starting few sessions and switching between them was simplier
P.P.S. I probably so dumb that cannot force cMUD to keep windows layout/size I make
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: