Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
cfb

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:57 pm   

#Direction/Mapper Question

Hey all,

I have a pretty simple question (I think)! I have the automapper functioning pretty well but when it comes to doors etc., I'm having trouble. I've tried creating a #DIRECTION for each of the various name possibilities (door, gate etc.) but when I try to input those letters into the exits tab in room properties, they won't stick (I'm ensuring that the other direction is selected on the right -- which is what each new #dir is listed under). I assume I'm missing something pretty obvious but can't figure out what it is!

Thanks for all the help!
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:10 am   

You don't need to create a new #DIRECTION for doors. After the exit is created, you can change the _type_ of exit to DOOR. This is in the Room Properties. You can also specify a general command that is usually used with doors--this specified in the configuration. For a door with a special command, you can enter the command in the "name" field of the exit--this command will be sent to the mud whenever you try to move through that exit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: