Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jasonbrent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:02 am   

[3.33a] &amp entity issue revisited...

Folk,

I found a reference to the issue I'm seeing in this old post (https://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=156614).

I'm using CMUD 3.33a and connecting to discworld.atuin.net.

When connected, discworld believes I have MXP enabled and I see links/etc for the items I have enabled.

When discworld is producing ascii map output, it uses the ampersand character to signify certain types of rooms.

When MXP is enabled and the ampersand is output in a map, CMUD shows the HTML entity for ampersand instead of the expected ampersand.

I've tried a few combinations to hopefully help debug this:

1) Default settings. Visual output in CMUD is as such:

Code:

> map ascii
            *-         / Northeast-southwest exit
| |   |    /|          - East-west exit
&-$-*-$-*-@            | North-south exit
| | + |                + Door
                       * Room
                       & Room with living things and non-cardinal exits
                       $ Room with living things
                       @ Where you are

2) serverside disable MXP with no CMUD changes:

Code:

options mxp enabled=off
Set option mxp enabled to off.
> map ascii
            *-         / Northeast-southwest exit
| |   |    /|          - East-west exit
&-$-*-$-*-@            | North-south exit
| | + |                + Door
                       * Room
                       & Room with living things and non-cardinal exits
                       $ Room with living things
                       @ Where you are

3) serverside enable MXP, toggle "Force remote MXP"

Code:

Same as #1

4) serverside enable of MXP, disable "Enable Local MXP/HTML"

Code:

l
      <send href="goto 4b">*</send>-  <BR>|    /|   <BR><send href="goto 1c">&amp;</send>-<send href="goto 2c">*</send>-<send href="goto 3c">@</send>     <BR>|         <BR>Filigree Street takes a turn here and widens as it nears Peasant Parade and the Patrician's Palace.  On one side of the street the wall of the Assassins' Guild casts its shadow across the cobbles, dwarfing the buildings next to it.  While the street is rather wide here, it is also rather crowded, as if people appear from nowhere to fill the empty spaces.  The upper storeys of the buildings opposite the guild lean, and look rather like they might collapse into the street at any moment.<BR>Several groups of people can be seen walking past, quite energetically.  Either this neighbourhood is near one of the busier areas of the city, or people are just in a hurry to get away.<BR>It is a reasonably hot secundus summer's afternoon with almost no wind and a beautifully clear sky.<BR>There are two obvious exits: <Exit>northeast</Exit> and <Exit>west</Exit>.<BR>Pynkie is standing here.<BR>A street lamp is here.<BR>> <!EN hp 1307 publish><!EN xp 84919 publish><!EN gp 108 publish><!EN maxhp 1307 publish><!EN maxgp 108 publish>

In this output, it appears that CMUD is receiving a true HTML ampersand entity in the output, however I'm not familiar with the MXP specification to know what is truly correct in this condition.

5) Everything back to defaults. Enabled logging. Relevant map output is below.

Code:

<u><span style="color:aqua;"><send href="goto 4b">*</send></span></u>-  <br/>
|    /|   <br/>
<u><span style="color:#00B300;"><send href="goto 1c">&amp;amp;</send></span></u>-<u><span style="color:aqua;"><send href="goto 2c">*</send></span></u>-<u><span style="color:olive;"><send href="goto 3c">@</send></span></u>     <br/>
|         <br/>

I hope this helps in debugging this some... my gut feeling is that this is a CMUD issue...

Thanks!

-jbl
jasonbrent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:38 am   

Lack of any response from development @ Zugg software after 2 weeks with a very detailed report and request for assistance makes it obvious this software isn't supported by Zugg.

I won't be buying CMUD.

-jbl
Myrkul
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:52 am   

[edit][/edit]

Last edited by Myrkul on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:30 pm   

Myrul is correct. I rarely look in this forum. There isn't any beta version of CMUD, so you need to post to the main forum.

In any case, I reproduced the bug with this simple command:
Code:
#MXP {<send href="goto 1c">&</send>}

which shows that the entity is not being expanded within a SEND link

In fact, I just tested this:
Code:
#MXP {<color red>test&</color>}

and it didn't expand the entity either. So something obviously broke in one of the recent releases and nobody else reported it. I've added this to the bug list for the next update.

(P.S. I moved this to the correct forum)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: