Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Acaelus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:19 am   

GMCP in Aardwolf... a little help?

So, I've decided to come back to MUDing after approximately a 6 year hiatus, and thought I'd give Aardwolf a try. Then I saw GMCP. God, I can't even count how many times I wished for this back in the day. The only problem is that while the documentation is great, reading a manual is never how I've learned things best. And as hard as I've tried, without concrete examples its all Greek to me. So I turn to you, the scripting community, for help. I have a couple things in mind, but am unsure how to implement them - I'd greatly appreciate some advice.

The first thing I'd like to do seems like it would be very simple. I'd merely like to capture char.vitals/char.maxstats and sort the relevant HP, MP, and MV info into appropriate Gauges. I'm used to doing this off of the prompt, but I'd like to turn that clutter off. I have no idea what the equivalent usage of GMCP would look like, though. Also, would the GMCP data update frequently enough for this to be relevant in combat? Would I have to <request char> somewhere in there, or will it do this automatically? I think if I had a basic example of how to set up such a Trigger and Gauge for one, I'd be able to adapt it for the other things I'd like.

Secondly, I can't seem to get the Mapper to work with GMCP. I've checked to make sure the appropriate room.info was enabled under Protocols, but the auto-config doesn't seem to detect it.

Edit: Okay, automapper works now. Goofing around with getting the gauges working. The caption correctly displays the values, but it doesn't seem to update. Ever. Its as if the char.vitals package isn't updating, even though it shows it as doing so (i.e. #show %gmcp.char.vitals.hp brings up the correct value after damage). I even manually requested the info for the vitals - goose egg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: